Crepe Myrtle

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Spider_Lily

I have a few bloom's on my white Crepe Myrtle.I saw some dark red Myrtles in town yesterday.Need to stop and ask for a few cutting's.Maybe later when their done blooming.:)

Attachments

• Flowers -10 004.JPG
    Flowers -10 004.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 317
  • Flowers -10 005.JPG
    Flowers -10 005.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 315

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Spider if you don't get your dark red cuttings let me know. I have the dark red and will be happy to send you csome cuttings;)

Spider_Lily

Spider if you don't get your dark red cuttings let me know. I have the dark red and will be happy to send you csome cuttings;)
Haven't found any yet going to Lowes this weekend.Hubby's going to buy me some replacement plant's.He just don't know it yet.LOL
Have'nt seen any crepe's on sale anywhere yet.I would love cutting's Crabber.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Haven't found any yet going to Lowes this weekend.Hubby's going to buy me some replacement plant's.He just don't know it yet.LOL

PM ME your address, I think I have it at home but not sure. ;)

Spider_Lily

I found a Pink Crepe Myrtle today.The lady gave me a limb from it.Hoping it will root well for me.:)

Attachments

• Flowers -10 005.JPG
    Flowers -10 005.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 327
  • Flowers -10 006.JPG
    Flowers -10 006.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 308

Melissa

That is so pretty...I wish they would hurry up and breed one hardy to zone 5...or better yet 4...do they smell good...or are they just visually gorgeous

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member

I have a cutting for you. :D:D:DTim went on a job estimate and in the yard was a Red Myrtle! He snagged me 2 cuttings on is yours! Do you want me to get it going with roots or just send it and let you root it. Let me know!:D:D:D:D

Jade

I found one that I want called 'Dynamite', I have its spot picked out, but doing this landscape slow to make sure it all goes where it is going to stay. It is a beautiful dark red. They didn't used to be hardy in our zone 6 in PA, but now they are, I see them everywhere.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wow Jade. Awesome. You will have to share cuttings when it gets well established;) Did you find it at a chain store?

Jade

It won't be arriving to my yard until next year, I am still in the planning stages of that part of the yard. It is available at Lowes, I know that, I saw it there.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks,
I will go check our Lowe's. I know they had white , purple and fushia this spring. I hope the 2 cuttings I have will do well then in about a year I can share

Jade

I have never tried to propagate them, as they have never been hardy for me before. I am running out of space for my addiction inside. Don't know what hubby is going to do with me. Of course, he does encourage it.

Jade

Hey, off topic, but I learned a new portuguese word the other night...estufa, which means oven or stove in Spanish, it means greenhouse in portuguese, how funny is that? You just never see a greenhouse down here.

Spider_Lily

I have a cutting for you. :D:D:DTim went on a job estimate and in the yard was a Red Myrtle! He snagged me 2 cuttings on is yours! Do you want me to get it going with roots or just send it and let you root it. Let me know!:D:D:D:D
Why don't you try rooting them.I had got a limb of a light pink tried rooting it they all are as dead as a door nail....I tried everyway I knew to root them.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com