Daily Missives

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Spider_Lily

Well I was born in 1949 so y'all are making me feel old as dirt. In 1955 I would have be starting first grade. This year if I live to 10-9 I will hit the BIG 60!!! When Dewey got home from Vietnam in 1969 he bought his 1970 Mach 1 Mustang for $3400 and I bought a camaro that year for less than that. Can you imagine buying a new car for that now. Those were the good 'ole days.

My Dh has a 1970 Mach 1 it's yellow and black and I have a 1970 fastback.They are nice cars.

Attachments

• MTUyOTkxMTQ1OTA6car.jpg
    MTUyOTkxMTQ1OTA6car.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 305
  • MTUyOTkxMTQ1OTI6car.jpg
    MTUyOTkxMTQ1OTI6car.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 302

swindy

Dale and Postal I am in your club also, on the 14th of Oct I will see 60. Who would a known this would come so fast--- and what the hell do we do with that number:eek: -- I can't get over being 35-- I still don't know why I insist on keeping that picture of my Mother above the bathroom sink, Every morning when I go in there I tell myself I've got to take that down so I can see myself in the mirror.lol:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's a good one, Sharon. Well, at 75 I am still having the time of my life. I have good friends, a good family that loves me, enough to eat and I am sort of warm enough. LOL I have a heater under my desk to keep my feet warm. Spring is just around the corner too and we will all be heading outside to make stuff grow again. Doesn't get much better than that.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
In my heart I am 21. The mirror is just like Sharon's my mother greets me everytime I walk to any mirror. I keep asking her to move but she just hangs around! My gray hair shimmers in the sun I pretend it is still blonde. But I am with Randy I have a great life and I earned my wrinkles and gray so I think I'll keep them. Life seems easier now anyway.;)

gonepostal

Sharon----ROFLMBO !!!!!!!!! I've been wondering who that person is in the bathroom??! Seems like she just showed up one day a couple of years ago and no matter what I do-she wont go away!!!!!!:eek:
I can remember when I was about 10 or so, thinking how faaar away the year 2000 was and how OLD I would be!!!!!!! Just couldn't fathom it! Well ta-da!!! Now I'm thinking how fast all those years went and what was I doing--(besides trying to raise 3 kids on my own) sleeping????????
Actually--I look back and think --ya--it was kinda tough at times-but no more so than anyone elses life and not nearly as hard as some. I have (& had) a wonderful family and amazing friends and I like to thank the good Lord for every day that I have here with them.
And as you said Randy--spring will be here soon,so what else do we need?

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have been having fun the last few days working on rebuilding our chicken pen. The weather has been good and I have been able to work out in it and enjoy it. We are supposed t have showers on Sunday though.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
Spider Lily my husband still has his red Mach 1 mustang but it needs to be restored. You got an ideas? Did your husband do all the work or get it done. Is his the Windsor or Cleveland engine? One guy said he would charge $50,000 to restore it for us. No he can't cause we don't have $50,000 to restore it.

swindy

Dale you should have offered it to him for the $50,000.00. What did he say it would be worth after it was restored? There is a TV show that steals the cars and restores them and then give them back to the owner. They contact the owners and tell them that they towed the car by mistake and then can't find it for a week giving the owner the run around, while they are restoring the car. you should contact them. The show is on TLC.

K

Kale

Swindy ..that would be ever so cool,if the car was restored for free! What does the show get out of it ? Do they show how -to restore? I bet you need to live in California:( ALL those shows are WEST... good thought though...

For 50,000dollars I think I would buy a few-several hundred dollars on books and tools on "HOW TO" and do it myself!*LOL Just pay for the paint job at the end!

Grey hair never hurt no one:)
I call it highlights:)
Older friends tell me WOW look at all that gray! I smile and say thank-you; don't you wish you had highlights like me ? You couldn't pay a hair dresser to get these results:)
They like it but remind me every time I see them *LOL
I don't care, as long as my curls stay and I'm able to work (play) outside I'm fine:)

Kale:)

Spider_Lily

Spider Lily my husband still has his red Mach 1 mustang but it needs to be restored. You got an ideas? Did your husband do all the work or get it done. Is his the Windsor or Cleveland engine? One guy said he would charge $50,000 to restore it for us. No he can't cause we don't have $50,000 to restore it.

My husband is the part's manager for a local dealership.He has ordered a few part's from them.Most he has got from a classic part's magazine and a old part's car.And from a few swapmeet's.He took classe's years ago on bodywork.Most thing's he done himself.One of his friend's painted it for him at his bodyshop.But the part's are expensive we probally have twelve thousand in the yellow one over the years.He had it strown all over the garage when he first started on it and some guy walked in and offered him twenty thousand for it yrs ago.I guess we will keep it for a few more years.

Annette99

I'll be 53 this year, I don't see my mother in the mirror as I stopped looking in the mirror a few years ago. Too scary. new words; intaxication: Euphoria at getting a tax refund which lasts until you realize it was your money to start with. REINTARNATION: coming back to life as a hillbilly SARCHASM the gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doen't get it. HIPATITUS Terminal coolness KARMAGEDDON Its like, when everybody is sending offf all these really bad vibes, Right? and the world explodes, and it's like, a serious bummer.

Scarez

got this in an email and had to share

The Children's Bible in a Nutshell

In the beginning, which occurred near the start, there was nothing but God, darkness, and some gas. The Bible says, 'The Lord thy God is one, but I think He must be a lot older than that.

Anyway, God said, 'Give me a light!' and someone did.

Then God made the world.

He split the Adam and made Eve. Adam and Eve were nekked, but they weren't embarrassed because mirrors hadn't been invented yet.

Adam and Eve disobeyed God by eating one bad apple, so they were driven from the Garden of Eden. Not sure what they were driven in though, because they didn't have cars.

Adam and Eve had a son, Cain, who hated his brother as long as he was Abel.

Pretty soon all of the early people died off, except for Methuselah, who lived to be like a million or something.

One of the next important people was Noah, who was a good guy, but one of his kids was kind of a Ham. Noah built a large boat and put his family and some animals on it. He asked some other people to join him, but they said they would have to take a rain check.

After Noah came Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Jacob was more famous than his brother, Esau, because Esau sold Jacob in exchange for some pot roast. Jacob had a son named Joseph who wore a really loud sports coat.

Another important Bible guy is Moses, whose real name was Charlton Heston. Moses led the Israel Lights out of Egypt and away from the evil Pharaoh after God sent ten plagues on Pharaoh's people. These plagues included frogs, mice, lice, bowels, and no cable.

God fed the Israel Lights every day with manicotti. Then he gave them His Top Ten Commandments. These include: don't lie, cheat, smoke, dance, or covet your neighbor's stuff.

Oh, yeah, I just thought of one more: Humor thy father and thy mother.

One of Moses' best helpers was Joshua who was the first Bible guy to use spies. Joshua fought the battle of Geritol and the fence fell over on the town.

After Joshua came David. He got to be king by killing a giant with a slingshot. He had a son named Solomon who had about 300 wives and 500 porcupines. My teacher says he was wise, but that doesn't sound very wise to me.

After Solomon there were a bunch of major league prophets.

One of these was Jonah, who was swallowed by a big whale and then barfed up on the shore. There were also some minor league prophets, but I guess we don't have to worry about them.

After the Old Testament came the New Testament. Jesus is the star of The New. He was born in Bethlehem in a barn. (I wish I had been born in a barn too, because my mom is always saying to me, 'Close the door! Were you born in a barn?' It would be nice to say, 'yes ma'am, I was.')

During His life, Jesus had many arguments with sinners like the Pharisees and the Democrats. Jesus also had twelve opossums.

The worst one was Judas Asparagus. Judas was so evil that they named a terrible vegetable after him.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I love to hear what goes on in the mind of a kid. Some years ago, I had gone to a very nice home in the west hills of Portland and was there to determine what it would cost to replace a boiler. The home was heated with steam and the old cast iron radiators. In order to determine what size boiler was needed, I had to know how much heat was needed for the existing radiators, but that's beside the point. The little girl of the house was learning to count and wanted to help me. She could count well up to ten, but from that point on, the numbers got pretty mixed up. After counting the rdiators and how many sections I asked her if she had gone to college. She told me that she had gone to college, but she didn't like it so she didn't go back.

GardenBear1

I remember gas at 15 cents and could run all week for $5.00, coke was 7 cents and a phone call cost 5 cents and penny candy but then that was the old days. in 1960 I got my first car 54 chev bel air for the large amount of $75.00 my pay for a month,now if you can find a car for that year its going to cost you big bucks.I'll be turning 65 this year and enjoying every bit of being older, I can blame ever thing I do wrong or say on old age :D and I get to say "when I was your age" ( drives kids crazy ) but I still miss some of the thing we had back then.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got my first car in 1954 right after I came home from the navy. I put it on a 1-year contract with the bank for $477. It was a 1948 Pontiac convertible and I thought I was hot stuff.

GardenBear1

Randy, if you still had that car you would still be hot stuff, those were one of the best cars ever made, I never had a convertible until 1960 it was a 59 caddy Eldorado convertible I wish I still had it I paid $2500.00 and took 2 years to pay it off

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was pleased with it. It was yellow with a green top. I still remember the license plate number (8N35014), that was in the days before they got into the three letters three numbers system.

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
Very cute Kat....how you feeling?

Boy Randy I was not even a thought in my mom's mind way back then...:0...I didn't even think they had cars back in the olden days...:D

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Very cute Kat....how you feeling?

Boy Randy I was not even a thought in my mom's mind way back then...:0...I didn't even think they had cars back in the olden days...:D

Guess what you deserve?

Attachments

• Rotten_Woman_award[1]_preview.jpg
    Rotten_Woman_award[1]_preview.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 305

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com