Recipe Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark Cookies

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

S

Sweet Basil

Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark Cookies

These dark chocolate peppermint bark cookies are one of my favorite ways to share holiday cookies with neighbors!
peppermint-chocolate-cookies-recipe-8.jpg

These cookies and the Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies are from the same cookie recipe, but it’s amazing how different the chips make them.

I asked a bunch of people which cookie they preferred and everyone had a different opinion, so of course I have to show both kinds.

I actually go back and forth between my favorite as well. I love when March hits and the Girl Scouts bust out those Thin Mint cookies so I’m always a little pulled in that direction with the Andes Mint Chocolate cookies but there’s something just so darn perfect and holiday awesome about the peppermint chip version.

peppermint-chocolate-cookies-recipe-6.jpg

Peppermint​

These Peppermint Chips are not like the hard candy like many peppermint desserts sport, aka broken candy canes, instead it’s these little chips that taste like peppermint white chocolate bark.

They get all melty and creamy which means that the cookie is melty and awesome.

Plus they make your house smell like the holidays and I loooove the holiday smells. Decorating is fun and feels so exciting, but when you walk into a house that smells like Christmas, well that’s when you really get into the holidays. Don’t you think?
Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark Cookies​

This cookie recipe is one of my favorites because… wait for it…

NO REFRIGERATION NEEDED!

How many of you have been making cookies only to realize it calls for 12 hours in the fridge?

NO! Ugh!!! I wanted cookies right now!

The only key to these cookies, or really there are two are the time being mixed and kind of cocoa.

peppermint-chocolate-cookies-recipe-4.jpg

Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder​

Dark chocolate cocoa powder is finally becoming more common and for good reason, it amps up the flavor of chocolate in your cookies without tasting like a deep dark chocolate.

In fact, if you didn’t know that these cookies were dark chocolate would you even notice?
Probably not.

But, if you head to the baking section of the grocery store or amazon you can find dark chocolate cocoa powder. It’s absolutely worth buying.

peppermint-chocolate-cookies-recipe-2.jpg

Beating the Butter and Sugar​

This is a huge deal in the chocolate cookies world as chocolate cookies can often be dry and flat. You need to beat the butter and sugars together for 3 minutes.

When butter and sugars beat together they chemically change and create a fluffier cookie.

peppermint-chocolate-cookies-recipe-10.jpg

Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark Cookies

peppermint-chocolate-cookies-recipe-6-280x360.jpg

These dark chocolate peppermint bark cookies are one of my favorite ways to share holiday cookies with neighbors!

Recipe by me

• 3/4 Cup Butter (softened (MUST be softened))
  • 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
  • 3/4 Cup Sugar
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
  • 1 3/4 Cups Flour
  • 2/3 Cup Unsweetened Dark Hersheys Cocoa
  • 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
  • 1 Cup Peppermint Bark Baking Chips
  1. Heat the oven to 350.

2. In a large bowl, mix together the butter and sugar until smooth for 3 minutes and lightened in color.

3. Add the eggs one at a time and vanilla and mix until just combined.

4. In a separate bowl, sift together all of the dry ingredients.
  5. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix only until the ingredients are well incorporated.
  6. Stir in the baking chips.
  7. Spoon onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
  8. Remove to a cooling rack.

READ: Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark Cookies

Continue reading...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back