Day Lily

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Spider_Lily

I went out to piddle around to our local department store's.We have a Fred's and Family Dollar.Sometime's they have bulb's and seed.I went to Family Dollar first and guess what they had.Stella d Ora Yellow daylilies pack of 2 for $2.50 I bought 2 of those and dahila's one pink Rosella and a Thomas Edison purple color.I went out and planted the day lilies there were three to each pack instead of to .yay for me.They had alot of veggie seed for 5 for a dollar.Didn't get any yet.:)

Dor

Swindy My Biglots had the Dahlias one in a packet for $3.00 and Roses, 2 for $5. I had some all ready to checkout and had left my card at home. I only had $27 in cash so I bought the necessities and will have to go back for my lilies and Dahlias.

We are on a 40 day Financial fast at church that started Wednesday so I will need to cut back on buying for a while.

Kya D

Great buy there SL. You done good.
Dor I have never heard of a financial fast...Do tell

Dor

Dawn, the fast this year is for all church members to only buy the necessities for 40 days. The previous years we cut out certain foods. I guess I won't be able to buy any plants until after Easter. I am glad I have plenty seeds. I had already placed my order for some tomatoe and jalapena plants for $1 each.

Spider_Lily

Dawn, the fast this year is for all church members to only buy the necessities for 40 days. The previous years we cut out certain foods. I guess I won't be able to buy any plants until after Easter. I am glad I have plenty seeds. I had already placed my order for some tomatoe and jalapena plants for $1 each.

Dor feel's like I have been on a fast for awhile now.Have been buying only thing's I have to have.And streching that dollar and giving it and extra tug.Until today had to give in and buy these flowers.:eek:

Kya D

Dor that is a great idea. I think that Most americans over spend. I don't mean those of us who struggle all the time. But we do have a lot of waste in this country.
Do you give the money you save to the church? Or is this just to prove that from time to time we overspend and that we really could save money if we just live on what we HAVE to have.

Dor

No Dawn we are to save the money. I waste a little but I am always on a budget
and tend to overspend on my plants and seeds. That is where the bulk of my money goes.

Yes Swindy it feels like I have always been on a budget. It was so hard raising 3 children alone and having to fight with my ex's about child support. My oldest does look after me quite a bit.

Belladonna

I went out to piddle around to our local department store's.

In Australia the word piddle means something very different:eek:
I bought two plants recently and when they came home found there was 3 plants in one pot and 5 in the other.One is a daylily its a burgundy/white one the other a plant called a china doll for the shady spot in my garden.bonus!

Kya D

Ya know Bella my mother used the word piddle both ways from time to time.
You are right they don't mean anything the same.

Kya D

SL it really isn't that bad it just is something we asked the kids when they needed to go pee. Do you need to go piddle. But we also piddled around the yard meaning what you mean.

tonya

outside the lines

some people have children that color outside the lines...i have day lilies that grow outside the edging:eek::eek::eek: HPIM0760.jpg

HPIM0761.jpg

Spider_Lily

My hubby took the day off yesterday we went out riding enjoying the warm day.We went by Lowes he said let's go in there.Might find something you need .LOL I sure did to oh my goodness the garden dept. was full of pretty thing's.Let me tell you what had to come home with me.Three Pardom Me Daylilies two Night Beacon.Amaryllis Garden Pink,Holleyhock's mixed,two beared iris their a two tone purple color,and a beautiful blue one.And I picked up a grape vine.Going out this afternoon and play in the yard.:):):)

Belladonna

I recently got a plant from our local nursery and a freebie its a daylily no idea what but its looking happy in its new little pot.

tonya

yes ron i think these guys are sprawlers...i was at the botantical gardens in'07 and they were cleaning out some beds and had these daylilies on top of the heap going to compost...i asked if i could have one and they were happy to oblige...they turned out to be a lovely salmon orange double bloomer...i will be moving them next week to another flower bed..but man they really multiplied fast!!so unlike the "jiminy cricket" daily i purchased 5 years ago...it was very expensive and i have only been able to divide it twice..maybe i'll get another chance this year???!!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com