Day Lily

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

tonya

daylilies...

i think daylilies could possibly be my very favorite flowers..this variety is called "Catherine Woodbury" i purchased 10 rhizomes at wal-mart for $5 7 years ago and now have about 500 of them..heavens what a multiplier...in late october i dug some up to plant in front of the freebie daffodils..the job took a little longer than HPIM0834.jpg

HPIM0835.jpg i had budgeted for and we got our first cold spell..tonya doesn't do much gardenin' when the temps drop below 50 degrees..sooo the poor cathys were left out on the plastic to fend for themselves (truthfully i had forgotten all about them), after a 6" and another 4" snowfall and a really cold winter (for us in tidewater anyway)..these girls are sprouting their brains out!!!i would highly recommend this daylily to anyone who needs a garden workhorse that only asks you to a: put them in the ground (PLEASE) and b: watch them go!:):):):)

tonya

more on those daylilies

unfortunately those poor daylilies are still out there on that plastic...i did cut a few off to take to my mom-in-law but never made it back to these..i think they're gonna bloom on that blooming plastic!!!the other pix are "Catherine Woodburys" that are growing in soil:)HPIM1002.jpg

HPIM0967.jpg

HPIM0968.jpg

Spider_Lily

I had a few more lilies open this morning.

Attachments

• Flowers -10 001.JPG
    Flowers -10 001.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 272
  • Flowers -10 010.JPG
    Flowers -10 010.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 276

Melissa

Your lilies are so beautiful!!! I have some and they get way too much shade...are they easy to move. I got one when my father died and would be heartbroken if I killed it trying to move it. Mine get really leggy trying to get a little sun and then they end up falling over :(

Spider_Lily

Your lilies are so beautiful!!! I have some and they get way too much shade...are they easy to move. I got one when my father died and would be heartbroken if I killed it trying to move it. Mine get really leggy trying to get a little sun and then they end up falling over :(

These two are under a huge tree alway's shaded.Their tall I put down a stake and tie them loosely with a string to hold them up.

Melissa

Thanks...I will do that...sounds safer than moving them. That pink looks alot like my Elodie...is that who you have...I love it :)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com