Design with Your Personality

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I'm surprised we don't have more deer problems here as there are enough of them around. Fiona saw a cougar along the back pasture fence a few days back. That's only the second time in 9 years though that one has been spotted on the property.

A cougar. That is scarey. Can you shoot them Randy? I would be scared to put out the goats and the horse with a cougar hanging around. I wonder if they would attack the outdoor kitties too?

Yes, I can. If it stays put long enough. I don't keep the rifle loaded, so I have to jump through some hoops before I could do anything. Fiona has been keeping the goats in their stall though for several weeks now. I wish we had a second horse out there though with Duke.

I know when we lived in Gresham, Or we were warned to keep our kitties in because of coyotes. Elizabeth, my daughter, lives in Aurora and she keeps her kitties because of coyotes.

Randy do you remember out in Gresham a few years back they had to shot a cougar because it was hanging out in a tree by a grade school?

Dora/Garden Goddess

sfishergirl the main reason I have to think about the neighbor(S) is the going to seed part other then that I design for my pleasure.I do add a few for special reasons.Your voo doo lilies bloom during the outdoor season:eek::eek:
Mine does the stink part in March indoors*lol
Then grows into a beautiful (what looks like a ) tree
I love my crazy voo doo (s) and was pleased it even grew last year because in march '08 Hubby put it out in the (driveway) because it stunk up the house!*LOL
Those cold temps are not allowed.

Kale:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Randy, with all your critters, have you ever considered getting one of the flock guardian breeds of dog, like a Great Pyrenees or Anatolian Shepherd? I was looking at some Great Pyrenees crosses when I was thinking about getting another dog. I wanted a dog that will protect the homestead without being aggressive in other situations. I was just a little iffy about dealing with all that hair in this hot environment, and then Josephine appeared in the pound and that was that.

Poor little runt, she sounds the alarm, but her bark is too high pitched for a good watch dog.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back