Dill with Okra?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

KallieLashay

I wanted to plant my dill around my cucumbers but since the cucumbers are next to the tomato plant I didnt. I heard that dill attracts the tomato horn worm?? So I decided to plant the dill next to the okra. I am wondering if this will be okay??

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dill actually attracts Monarch and Viceroy caterpillars. Neither of which eat the night shades. My dill is planted all throughout my garden. I actually plant dill to attract the pollinators such as butteflies and humming birds. I plant the mammoth dill with the very large seed heads.

KallieLashay

Wow thanks..didnt know that. Well I wanted to plant by my cucumbers but they are by my tomatoes and I was told that dill attracts the tom. horn worm..so I had nowhere else to put it. But its good to know that it wont hurt my Okra..thanks again..

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com