does anyone know the name of this house plant?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Holy_Wood80

hi everyone

I was wondering does anyone know the name of this plant? my aunt said it was an Asian Cactus but when I looked up "Asian Cactus" on the net I couldnt find any info on it

thank you :)

Attachments

• houseplant.JPG
    houseplant.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 389

swindy

My mom had one of those and she called it Donkey Tail. It is a cascading succulent, but I don't know much more about the plant, try Googling succulents, Donkey Tail and see if you can find any info on it. Or somebody else may stop by with more info for you.

Welcome to GardenForums Holy Wood.

Treva

It kinda looks like a hindu rope hoya?
but I really can't tell I would need to see a closer picture?
hi everyone

I was wondering does anyone know the name of this plant? my aunt said it was an Asian Cactus but when I looked up "Asian Cactus" on the net I couldnt find any info on it

thank you :)

Treva

WHOO HOOO sfishergirl...I thought thats what it looked like! I LOVE that plant!!!
I have a couple little peices I am trying really hard to root!
Am hoping to have this plant but its slow...LOL!

without a doubt it is a hoya carnosa - hindu rope or krinkle

sfishergirl

I love all my hoyas and yes they are very slow growing. This time of year there should be good growth. All of my cuttings from last fall have new leaves finally. lol not often I can look at the pic without enlarging and know what it is but this time I just happen to have 2 in 8 inch pots and they are 6 feet long vines about 20 vines per pot. I have 9 hoyas for now.

sfishergirl

that one had a hard winter here I had tried for a full pot but it didnt all make it I have another one of those that is a full pot but not very long.
I have these big hoyas 2 carnosa varigated hindu rope, rubra (like I sent Kya), kentiana, linearis, and multiflora shooting rocket. My babies are pubicalyx splash, publicalyx chimeria, and publicalyx red buttons (this will be my fav black flowering)

Treva

WOW!! You have quite a collection! i have a couple different cuttings waiting for them to take off, they seem to be doing good except the hindu rope seems like its not, is there a secret?

I love all my hoyas and yes they are very slow growing. This time of year there should be good growth. All of my cuttings from last fall have new leaves finally. lol not often I can look at the pic without enlarging and know what it is but this time I just happen to have 2 in 8 inch pots and they are 6 feet long vines about 20 vines per pot. I have 9 hoyas for now.

sfishergirl

I am not too sure about a secret the red buttons I bought last October from rob's violet barn and they were tiny they spent all winter under a grow light sitting in a cake pan with the bottom covered in water and once a month through the winter they got eleanors VF-11. Then after we moved they were in a west window that got afternoon sun and they just took off all of a sudden. They are potted in 4 " pots with a inch or so of orchid bark then I fill in with some perlite then the rest of the pot gets cactus mix. It sucks the water up but doesnt get too wet

Treva

THANK YOU!!!!
I have mine in jungle grow potting soil! Maybe thats the problem?
I really appreciate the advice from you I admire all your Beautiful plants and the success you have with them!
Still waiting on pictures of your projects!:D
I am not too sure about a secret the red buttons I bought last October from rob's violet barn and they were tiny they spent all winter under a grow light sitting in a cake pan with the bottom covered in water and once a month through the winter they got eleanors VF-11. Then after we moved they were in a west window that got afternoon sun and they just took off all of a sudden. They are potted in 4 " pots with a inch or so of orchid bark then I fill in with some perlite then the rest of the pot gets cactus mix. It sucks the water up but doesnt get too wet

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com