Dogs

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

We have had two kitties that adopted us. I am sure they had been dumped out here in the country by people that didn't want them anymore. They were both a bit shy at first. But they eventually decided that we were not going to hurt them and then they would come around when I worked in the garden. If I would sit down, they would crawl up in my lap.

I have 5 dogs and a cat and they are always with me in the garden. My dogs actually eat right out of the garden. Especially parsley and cilantro in summer it's bad because they thing that the peppers and tomatoes are "ball" plants and they constantly pick my fruits!

I have 5 dogs and a cat and they are always with me in the garden. My dogs actually eat right out of the garden. Especially parsley and cilantro in summer it's bad because they thing that the peppers and tomatoes are "ball" plants and they constantly pick my fruits!

LOL....my Sundance would do that with the canteloupe. I never would get any. I would go out and check waiting for them to get ripe and he would always snatch them up right before they would get ripe and run all over the yard with them. I couldn't run and yell at him because I was laughing too hard. I miss him so much...he was also a tomato thief but we had so many I would let him just stand out there and eat them....but the canteloupe :mad:.
Guess he needed alittle fruit with his veggies.

I loved looking at everybody's babies...they are all adorable. I can't imagine life without mine.

I had a German Shorthaired Pointer a long time back that loved tomatoes. If I wanted any to ripen, he would have to stay in his pen.

Randy
My cockers love tomatos...I plant my 3 cherry tomatos in pots and where they can't get
to them, they eat as many of them as my hubbie and do...
melanie

I can just see your dogs picking the tomatoes and cantalopes and running off with them , this is to funny.

My BIG pups

My BIG pups NECCO & STAR like to help garden. They have totally dug up 2 young apples trees and a 2 yr old peach tree. The purpose was to play "keep-away" with the trunk? Star (white female) is the digger..she loves my Hibiscus & Lambs Ear..plus any bulbs. Sweet & inncocent Necco (tan male) acts guillty by asscociation..;)
They are brother & sister, look nothing alike,have a Dingo mom..unknown father. They will be 2 yrs old Feb 12 and have been w/us since age 6 wks. If I am outside..so are they. My yard has a clear race track that they run chasing one another...
They are a BIG part of our family...we totally adore them and they give soo much love in return :)..even while helping dig ..lol.

Picture is :NECCO & STAR

Attachments

• NECCO.jpg
    NECCO.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 305
  • STAR.jpg
    STAR.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 320
Meet Marv....He is still learning about gardening...He has helped dig much for me...the only problem is not where I wanted it dug....LOL..

In the past we had a dog Wilma...she was addicted to cucks....she would every so gently bit them off the vive and bring them to the back door to munch on them....when she would smell one being cut in the kitchen she would come running and go wacko ...truning in circles and jumping...what a hoot she was...

Attachments

• 2003_0108Christmas080020.JPG
    2003_0108Christmas080020.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 299
melanie ,,,you need to post a few pics of your boy's....if you are have trouble let me know and I can help you..

sounds like a plan dear...was sunny in Portland today...came back up here and it is as bad as Sacramento and the Tule (sp?) fog...grrrrrrrr

Here's some photos of our babies!
The first one is Beni. He's always out in the garden with me. He's going to be 12 this July. He's a Yorkie/Lhasa Apso. He was a rescue, and still has a few behavioral problems that we cannot help him out of! Being so cute he gets away with a few things!
The cute puffball is Hedy. She'll be 3 this November. She's a Bishon/Poodle/Shitzu. We got her as a young puppy!

Attachments

• January Fuji 2009 012.jpg
    January Fuji 2009 012.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 310
  • January Fuji 2009 013.jpg
    January Fuji 2009 013.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 302
We have a pup in the house, and he is growing like a weed. He is a yellow lab. He is a welcome addition.

Cute dogs Ron. It's easy to spoil them when they have such sweet faces!
Randy, look out, Labs grow really big!!! Hubby had a black Lab when we married in Feb. 2000 and at that time dogs were ok with me...just ok.
I often wondered back then.. does he need to take this dog everywhere we go? As time went by, I got attached to her and also took on a few more fur babies... the miniature pinscher family of 3.
We lost the Lab last year, she was 17 years old and one of the best dogs I've ever met. I sure miss her!

Ron...cute pups...I wish our Marv was that size...

Beni is around 28lbs and can be a handful when I need to lift him up, or carry him! He is one solid little fellow. The vet said that he isn't fat, just solid and is looking good for his age.
Hedy on the other hand is a feather-weight at 15lbs!!

We have had two black labs, Gloria, and dearly loved both of them. This one that Fiona has is a yellow lab and weighed in this morning at 44 pounds. He is only 4 months old now. He is a sweet little guy though and he loves to have his ears rubbed.

When I got my puppy last year he only weighed 2.5 pounds. He was so cute. My son has a sister pup out another litter who grew up to be 8 pounds. I thought wow what a great size dog. Well my puppy grew up to be 22.8 pounds. He is twice the size of his sister. He is half wiener dog and half min pin. He looks like his mother a wiener dog but his legs are so long. He is a mess but he thinks he is small. He loves to sit on your lap when ever he can. and if you sit on the recliner he is on you. I keep trying to tell him he is too big to jump on me but he does not listen.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back