Dogs

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I want so bad to post some pics but at home I only have dial up and I can't send pic to work because we are networked . Maybe this wekend if it rains I 'll just sit at my desk all day and try to get some posted. I love my goldens.
The girl I work with just got a puppy Papillion and we are training him in our office on the QT. Since we are not in a big office and it's just her & I we are having a great time with the new baby

Beni is around 28lbs and can be a handful when I need to lift him up, or carry him! He is one solid little fellow. The vet said that he isn't fat, just solid and is looking good for his age.
Hedy on the other hand is a feather-weight at 15lbs!!

Well My little Marv is near 100 pounds...we are told he is yellow lab.... when in the kitchen he likes to rest his head on the counter...OY!! He thinks he is a lap dog...try as he might though...his head is all that fits on my lap...LOL He has this rag he never leaves ...but some times get confussed and goes for his leg...him and Phillip are the best of friends

Attachments

• 2003_0108Christmas080005.JPG
    2003_0108Christmas080005.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 294
  • 2003_0108Christmas080013.JPG
    2003_0108Christmas080013.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 326
  • 2008_1105MomandDadB0001 (86).JPG
    2008_1105MomandDadB0001 (86).JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 307
I want so bad to post some pics but at home I only have dial up and I can't send pic to work because we are networked . Maybe this wekend if it rains I 'll just sit at my desk all day and try to get some posted. I love my goldens.
The girl I work with just got a puppy Papillion and we are training him in our office on the QT. Since we are not in a big office and it's just her & I we are having a great time with the new baby

if you want to email me your pictures I would be happy to post them for you...would love to see them

Nancie, you can pick up a flash drive for a very modest fee any more and use that to shuttle between computers. We are not networked here in the house, so I use a flash drive all the time to shuttle photos between the four computers.

Randy I am so glad you posted that....i end up on the lap top and want to post a picture i have on the main computor...have to go turn it all on...wonder why I did thin ot this...when we were moving form Sacto...we bought a few of the flash drives...thanks so much...

You are welcome. I keep a couple of them in my pocket all the time. The last time I bought one at Fry's Electronics, I got a 2 gig flash drive for $10. I think that is equivalent to almost 3 CD's.

Here are my kids enjoying the snow. Shadow is still not well enough to play outside.
ATTACH]

ATTACH]

ATTACH]

We started Cotton on a diet today....as you can see, it was long overdue. Poor Cotton!!

I don't know if Prince Charming will make it out as far as the garden since the other dogs have not been allowed to venture that far. He is a couple of months older now and considerably bigger. He is a lovable little critter though and likes to have his ears rubbed.

Attachments

• P&F_0042a.jpg
    P&F_0042a.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 297
what a cutie randy
SM
thanks for sharing your kids, they look like they enjoy the snow
beautiful dogs

Anybody having a yellow lab, do they have trouble with their ears or just a general itchiness of the skin. We have owned several different breeds and have also had a chocolate lab. The only ones we have had trouble with is our yellow labs. We have owned four now and all four had trouble. Cotton has the worse problems by far. She is on antibiotics more than not with her ears. We have sent blood to the university for testing but then learned that the results would not be good because she was on prednizone for the itchiness. The vet took her off the prednizone and we are waiting the 45 days for it to get out of her system so more blood can be drawn. In the meantime, we have changed her food several times hoping to find what she is allergic to. The only thing left is to just make our own food for her. The poor thing can't run and play with the rest of the dogs because she has to keep stopping and scratching. She has to wear an elizabethian colar when ever we can't watch her or she scratches her ears until they bleed. She also bites her underbelly until it bleeds and is all scabbed up. She seems to just feel lousy and has no energy. When she was on the prednizone she had energy and no itchiness, but its bad on her liver so that is just a temp fix. Any suggestions?

Anybody having a yellow lab, do they have trouble with their ears or just a general itchiness of the skin. We have owned several different breeds and have also had a chocolate lab. The only ones we have had trouble with is our yellow labs. We have owned four now and all four had trouble. Cotton has the worse problems by far. She is on antibiotics more than not with her ears. We have sent blood to the university for testing but then learned that the results would not be good because she was on prednizone for the itchiness. The vet took her off the prednizone and we are waiting the 45 days for it to get out of her system so more blood can be drawn. In the meantime, we have changed her food several times hoping to find what she is allergic to. The only thing left is to just make our own food for her. The poor thing can't run and play with the rest of the dogs because she has to keep stopping and scratching. She has to wear an elizabethian colar when ever we can't watch her or she scratches her ears until they bleed. She also bites her underbelly until it bleeds and is all scabbed up. She seems to just feel lousy and has no energy. When she was on the prednizone she had energy and no itchiness, but its bad on her liver so that is just a temp fix. Any suggestions?

I have a friend in Oregon that swears by salmon oil. He has a black lab mix that had skin issues.

Dora/Garden Goddess

Marv is a yellow lab ...just about 2 years old...and no trouble with ears or skin...have been told that sun is rough on them though...we were told to keep sun screen on his nose...

Honey eased in and stole a sip of my daughter's milk.

Attachments

• Honey 001.JPG
    Honey 001.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 304
  • Honey 002.JPG
    Honey 002.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 307
  • Honey 004.JPG
    Honey 004.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 304
Long Gone now :( :(:(:(
But Jamie Grans Boxer HAD to Be with you and "Help" you with what EVER you were doing....

I Want him Back, So BAD....

Attachments

• DadGrannyandJamie-1.jpg
    DadGrannyandJamie-1.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 320
Spider, we had a little Pomeranian that was a cream-colored one that looked a lot like that. We named her Creampuff, but shortened it to Puff or Puffer. She was the last dog that MF and I owned and we had her for 15 years. But she was a delight in so many ways. She was spoiled rotten and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

I have two golden retrievers, Ozzie and Zack. Zack has continuous skin problems will scratch and chew himself till he is raw. Been spritzing apple cider vinegar/water solution 50/50. It is helping. His ears can not get wet at all or he gets ear infections. It's really frustrating. The boys are both 11.

No pets now, but we used to have Moxie, a black lab that followed my husband everywhere he went. She'd come into the garden but walked around the outer perimeter and never through the plants. It was like she just knew she wasn't supposed to!

I was thinking the other day about my mother's cat, Molly. She'll be 20 years old on September 21st (she was born during Hurricane Hugo). Pretty amazing considering she's been an outside cat her entire lifespan.

Smellymelly,
Hey girl,
I have had the same issues with my Goldens. What I have doen to cut vet expenses is to flush her ears at least every 10 days with warm water and a sulpher compound. I also apply mite & drying powder everytime I do her ears. Our "water" dogs have ears that trap water and moisture even if they are not in water. It is a fungus you are dealing with ( very common in these parts vets see it all the time) . My vet had perscribed drops that were costly. I love my dog but had to find a more reasonable treatment. Much like a secondary swimmers ear infection antibiotics will make the condition seem better but never cure it this is because it is not bacterial. A 50-50 solutionof alcohol and vinegar in a dropper bottle may help as well. Once you get the ears clean and dry you can treat a couple times a week with a few (3) drops of this. The alcohol dries water or moisture and the vinegar makes it hard for fungus to grow.
If you suspect a food alergy the first thing you want to do is look at the lable on you food bag. If corn is one of the first 3 Ingredients find a food that is not. Corn is the most common allergy( an has NO nutritional value and is not digestable) with gluten and wheat coming in next for alergies not digestion. Premium food cost more to buy but keep your pet healthier in the long run cutting vet cost. You can find good premium foods at farm and feed store for less $$ than a pet store or Wal Mart. They night not be brands you know but are very bit as good. You also want to consider that you have the right balance of fat and protine for your dogs life style. too much of one or the other can do the samething to them it will do to us;)

DISCLAIMER:I am not giving medical advice just communicating what has worked for me.

I just got back from taking my pal on a 3 mile walk. He was ready to do it all over again. I can not believe the energy he has. He loves to play but only when he is in the mood. He is terrible spoiled. He does mind well. The only problem I have with him is he will run across the street to see his friend and he doesn't look for cars. I've had to disipline him a few times for that. We don't need to pancake him. Tex thinks he is a big dog but he isn't.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back