Dogs

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

oremudpie

Hi
I have two gardening buddies meaning max and herbie our cocker spaniels who are in the yard with me every minute i'm out there..Max is a ball playing fool so I'm always tossing a ball while do what ever I'm doing and Herbie thinks there is nothing better than a good roll on the lawn and a Bubble Bee to play with..They are such fun little guys to hang out with..
Does anyone else have a cat or dog that has to know everything that your doing in the garden..
melanie

Gardengoddess

Oh yes! Jessie is our pound puppy. We actually got her from the humane society down where you are Mudpie :) In Oregon she would stand guard and "protect" me from the squirrels. Here in Iowa she protects me from the remote control cars lol! True story: We were sitting on our front porch and all of a sudden she saw something move up the road and started to chase after it. She's a good girl though and stopped when I told her too. Bob and I figured out it was a remote control car that kids were playing with up the road lol!

She's doing well with the snow here in Iowa but she definitely doesn't like the ice!

Dora/Garden Goddess

Last edited:

swindy

I have a wonderful kitty named Missy, she was always in the garden while I was working and loved to keep me company out there. If I was kneeling down she would sit on the calfs of my legs. I'm not sure if she was protecting me of just wanted to keep her butt out of the dirt.lol

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have Tex. He keeps all the squirrels out of our yard. and he is teaching the neighbor cat that the fence is the end of her property. He has to go out front in the evening so he can play with all the neighbor dogs. He would never let me go outside without my protection. He has helped rearrange the garden by moving some plants for me but haven't killed anything. He loves the herb garden to walk through.

Spider_Lily

I have a sweet little Pomeranian .Her name's Honey she looks like a little fox.She has to be helping me with everything.She loves to use my gloves or one of them anyway.She loves to help dig the holes for planting.Nothing better than the help of my baby.

Attachments

• MVC-017S.JPG
    MVC-017S.JPG
    10.3 KB · Views: 317

Melissa

I have four babies. Champ is my smeller. He is a golden retriever. He walks ever so gently through my gardens and has to smell every bloom. Cotton is our youngest and she is a lab. She likes to eat everything. Abby is our 9 year old lab and she could care less about the gardens....she barrels through them smashing anything that gets in her way to chase the rabbits and pheasants. And finally we have Shadow, our pound puppy. At 13 Shadow has decided that she much prefers to go potty in the mulch than in the grass. She sees my gardens as her personal ladies room. So while I am gardening I get to keep Abby from trampling, Cotton from eating, and Shadow from pottying in the garden....then at the end of the day can sit back and smell the roses with Champ. And here they are in order: Champ, Cotton, Abby, and Shadow

Attachments

• tn_champer 3.JPG
    tn_champer 3.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 318
  • tn_PHTO0011.JPG
    tn_PHTO0011.JPG
    12.8 KB · Views: 310
  • tn_abigail of whispering walnut.JPG
    tn_abigail of whispering walnut.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 327
  • tn_shadow 2.JPG
    tn_shadow 2.JPG
    8.3 KB · Views: 309

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
smelly and spider what great looking dogs. I love dogs. I've almost always had at least one.
I get sad if I have to go more than a few days without him. When I go to my daughters house I leave him with my son. Or rather son and wife and puppy come stay at my house. Izzy is Tex's big sister. She comes from the litter before his. She is only 8 pounds and Tex is over 22 pounds. I hope he is through growing. He is getting a little big to be a lap dog. If I would have known he was going to get this big I wouldn't have let him get in the habit of sitting there. But when the day is done I couldn't imagine life without Tex.

Melissa

Oh Lyn, you should feel fortunate....my two lap dogs are 72 lbs and 108 lbs!! What kind of dogs are Izzy and Tex....that is a huge difference between 8 lbs and 22 lbs. Do they look anything alike? I keep saying I am going to get a lap dog....but I think it would break champs heart to see me carry it around. He thinks he's tiny and petite...but he is not. He is a big chicken though....just like his momma!!

Sashweezy

I have three dogs and an inside cat in my house. One female dog, she'll be 17 in February, two male dogs and a female cat. All are neutered or spayed.

The older dog is the white with occasional brown spot. She's on the left. She got the ball for the first time that day as the younger ones over-ran it.

Attachments

• IMG_0068.JPG
    IMG_0068.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 340

Sashweezy

Here's my kitty pic as I haven't worked out how to post more than one pic at a time.:eek:

Attachments

• IMG_4953.JPG
    IMG_4953.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 334

Gardengoddess

I have three dogs and an inside cat in my house. One female dog, she'll be 17 in February, two male dogs and a female cat. All are neutered or spayed.

The older dog is the white with occasional brown spot. She's on the left. She got the ball for the first time that day as the younger ones over-ran it.

17 wow that's awesome! You obviously take very good care of her :) My doggie always over-runs the ball and then she can't find it lol!

Dora/Garden Goddess

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
I love my dawgs and I sure like to talk about them. I started with one Minature Pinscher. It's a long story but I now have 3. Littlebit, she's the tiny one..Buddy and their pup Repo.
But first I had Pepper..he was amazing and I miss him till this day. He was with me everywhere I went until hubby and I started Crabbing. (that's a story in it's self too) Anyway I got Littlebit to keep Pepper company while we were out all day. Pepper was 3 yrs old when he was hit by a car. I was devestated and in time I decided Littlebit needed a companion and I found Buddy.
Everyone wanted my babies so I decided to breed them just once. I didn't expect 6 pups but I had adopting familes for all of them. I kept in touch with the pups after they left me and one was not being cared for as promised sooooo.... I repossessed him..therefore his name is Repo.
These are my gardening pals but sometimes they can try my patience when the "boys" give my plants an unneeded sprinkle!!!
Here's a pic of Buddy.

Attachments

• tn_farm 014.JPG
    tn_farm 014.JPG
    3.9 KB · Views: 319

Sashweezy

17 wow that's awesome! You obviously take very good care of her :) My doggie always over-runs the ball and then she can't find it lol!

Dora/Garden Goddess

Her rear end is going this winter but she's still a happy girl and I'll keep her as long as I can, she's getting a little deaf but her sense of smell is amazing. I think the cold weather doesn't help her so when she comes in she snuggles. Yep, she's had all her shots over the years and all her health yearly checks.:)

Gardengoddess

Her rear end is going this winter but she's still a happy girl and I'll keep her as long as I can, she's getting a little deaf but her sense of smell is amazing. I think the cold weather doesn't help her so when she comes in she snuggles. Yep, she's had all her shots over the years and all her health yearly checks.:)

Age catches up with all of us eh? I had a lab named Coco who lived to be 18. I had a heating pad for her as the cold got to her as well. She slept on our bed and otherwise thought she was a lap dog even though she was sixty pounds lol!

Dora/Garden Goddess

Gardengoddess

Jessie the mighty napper

Here is a picture of my garden buddy, Jessie. She is napping with a stuffed moose in these :)

Dora/Garden Goddess

Attachments

• Jessie and Moose.jpg
    Jessie and Moose.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 316
  • Jessie sleeping with Moose.jpg
    Jessie sleeping with Moose.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 320

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here is a pic of my Tex He is part Dachound and part min pin. He Mom was as big as him but with these short little legs and her belly rubbed the ground when she was ready to have puppies. Daddy was just little. Any way Tex got really long legs from his daddy and is the length of his mommy. His big sister is tiny like daddy but looks like a dachound. That is why there is so much difference. I just got the bigger one.

Attachments

• tex.jpg
    tex.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 308

pennyandrusty

I love everybody's furbabies. They are all so cute!

Here is my Rusty boy. He is 12 and a half, but he'll always be my little boy. :)

Sash, I think you just upload one picture, then browse for the next one until you have them all, then you post.

Attachments

• IMG_2616 4x6.JPG
    IMG_2616 4x6.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 320

Sashweezy

Dora and Lyn your pups are so adorable. :)

I probably shouldn't have posted a cat pic on a dog thread but she thinks she's a dog. She's definitely pack leader. :rolleyes:

P&R, I don't know why I keep thinking Rusty is only 11. Maybe it's because he doesn't look that old. He looks so cute and smiley in that pic. I would have posted a pic of Vig, if he ever moved. ;)

Gardengoddess

No worries about the kitty pic Sash, after all there was a moose in with Jessie ;-) I have a kitty too but she is not a big outside critter. She'll go out if Jessie is out but she sticks very close to the house.

I agree Rusty is adorable :)

Dora/Garden Goddess

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sash I had a cat that thought it was a dog. It went to the door and scratched to go out to potty and it came when you whistled.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com