Dor Thank you So MUCH!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dor,
You made my Friday GREAT!
Thanks so much for the great plants. I especailly love the black EEs! The cannas now have a home in my court yard and I am sure the hummers will thank you as well.
My son is so jealous of the black EE's so when they begin reproducing I will have to share with him. What a wonderful box!

Dor

You are welcome. I hope they do well for you. The black EE's produce lots of pups so you will be able to share with your son soon. Just give them lots of water and epsom salt.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes myfedora is correct they are black elephant ears! And they are so cool.
Kya,
It was a great box. I always get fantastic trades from my garden buds!

Dor

When I bought it years ago the pot said Black MagicElephant ear, but I believe it is a Hybrid of the Black Magic because it is not as black. I have mine in full sun and it gets a purplish hue to the leaves but oh so very beautiful and it blooms a yellow bloom. Around July I have more pups than I know what to do with.

I have about twelve different varieties of cannas. I need to get then thinned and get some more beds dug for them.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com