Duranta Erecta sky Flower

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Interesting flowering shrub.... I would say, give it another year. It will be putting it's energy into creating a root system before it is ready to bloom!

fishycomics

Lovely! Thank you Fish! It was well worth the wait! :)
You bet. the growth for this Year Blew away the years growth if asked, when the fall hits I have to make room, I'll post an update when it really blossems. it is not the plant for my climate, must bring indoors below 40 degrees here

fishycomics

if following, one of the cuttings can be flowering very soon, time to think about trimming and cleaning off the potting mix and for fall.

fishycomics

I can not believe how the skyflower t ook off and grew, she is trimmed for winter in the house, I was able to see the original brush and was not doing well at all, difference when one takes care and hired help. I need to get a vid of it up

fishycomics

I taken a few branches that broke, they taken and i cut down the shrub, taken away a lof ot overgrown root and replanted to a smaller pot, and in for the Seasons here. this year no growth was shown, will see how it holds inside over the next months to come

JasonCurtis

It depends on the climate and conditions the plant is growing in, but you can usually expect to see Duranta Erecta's first flowers within a year after planting. Keep in mind that this is an evergreen shrub, so you may see some flowers throughout the year as well.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com