Earth Box

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

plant54

This year I decided to try something new and ordered 2 earth boxes. The reviews I've been reading seems to rate them pretty high. Has anyone ever used them. I'm getting spring fever really bad and would like to get planting.:)

latebloomer

Hello and welcome!
I have two earth boxes and have had mixed results. I live in an area that cooks in the summer so have found them most useful in a semi-shaded area. Everything I've planted in them does pretty well but little frogs love to live in the watering tubes.

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
I have seen thees and beed reading up on them...would love to hear more about how they do...thanks for posting this thread

plant54

Blueaussi. Thats a great link, very detailed and easy to follow instructions. I may give this one a try also. Thanks

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
thanks blue...will save monsy this way...week end prject...I have every thing already but the wicking basket...but I think I will go with a laundry basket from the dollar store...I am excited about making this...thanks again

Last edited:

plant54

Well the 2 earth boxes arrived by UPS. So I guess I'll try growing some Sugar Baby Watermelons. Growing Watermelons at the end of Feb. in zone 4 should be interesting. But after re potting many indoor plants it should be fun.
After having and viewing this item, I like Blueaussi posting in building one, the best.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Keep us posted on the results though and it would be great if you can post some photos as you go along. We love that kind of stuff.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com