Easy Ice Packs

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

palmettogal

1 part isopropyl rubbing alcohol
3 parts water
freezer bags (size is up to you)

I double bag mine just to make sure leaking isn't a problem. These freeze up slushy...sort of like the gel stuff...work just as good and last a long time.

Bernie

Palm I have one in my freezer now. Even if they don't really need one it makes little kids feel special and loved when they have a boo boo and they're feeling sorry for themselves.
Kya I try to keep popsicles in the freezer but those have a way of disappearing. My kids and grandkids call them Papa Ice. Hum you think Papa has something to do with them disappearing. LOL

palmettogal

myfedora....i'd be willing to bet "peas on knees" is a staple ice pack just about anywhere! Probably why they are packaged that way! HA!

Popsicles barely make it to the freezer at my house. My grown son is the worst culprit. He'll go through a box of them in no time at all. I generally have to hide a couple for my grandson!

Dor

My grands love popsicles and freeze pops too. My youngest daughter will eat more than my grands. I have to stay on her to replenish the pops. Walgreens have some called Slushpuppies that are really good. I have to get more of those today.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com