Echinacea propagation.

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Laurie, don't give up on other colors, there are many out there, but their stability is questionable right now, so I wouldn't trust on seeds if you want more colors. I love tissue culture and wish that I had more background in that. It was before my time. Horticulture is ever changing, one of the things that I always have loved about my profession. I have never been bored. I loved going to the conventions in Ohio every year. We were always up on everything. My old boss was great about that, we always knew what was coming. I met up with him last winter at the Garden Show in Harrisburg. I didn't know how that meeting would go, but we respect each other as good horticultural minds.
I will keep you up to date as I find out what is going on.

Thanks Jade for all the info. Will be looking forward to hearing from you on how yours are doing...

I have had quite a few of the different colored ones for a couple years. I have found that the plant gets bigger every year and produces a lot more flowers. The ones for two years ago are huge and gorgeous. The seeds so far have not produced anything but purple. I paid too much for them to experiment on dividing the root so I have just continued buying them knowing that I will never be able multiply. I have started a new garden for them and it is kind of nice not having to worry about them spreading like crazy and overcrowding the garden. Ones I have had good luck with Summer Sky, Coconut Lime, Milkshake, Sunrise, Pink Poodle, Green Envy, Cranberry Cupcake, Hot Papaya, Green Jewel, Tangerine Dream, and Pink Double Delight. I have had the White Swan spread. I also have Double Delight and had planted a White Swan next to it and now have a plant that has double white!!! I think echinacea is one of my favorite plants to grow!!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back