Recipe Edible Peanut Butter Playdough [+ Video]

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

S

Sweet Basil

Edible Peanut Butter Playdough [+ Video]

Edible Peanut Butter Playdough – This is the best and most delicious recipe we’ve found for edible playdough! The kids love to make it and you only need a couple ingredients.

peanut-butter-edible-playdough-ohsweetbasil.com_.jpg

Activities for Kids

Is it just me or is spring break, when spent at home, really just a week of moms everywhere trying to think up new activities for their kids? This edible peanut butter playdough (play dough? autocorrect is on my case, but I’m sure it’s playdough or playdoh like the non-edible stuff) is awesome because the kids can make it themselves and it’s not a big deal if they take a nibble.

Who doesn’t love a little blast from the past? Who doesn’t crack up at little 4 year old kids in their panties getting caught dancing in front of a mirror? Ok, you honestly could not pay me to go back to school (college yes, everything else no way), but I still have very fond memories of growing up.
My mom had this fun recipe book that was just for kids when I was growing up and we loved to make things out of it. There were two that were edible peanut butter playdough. One you baked the other was purely snacking. I still need to find the one that you bake up into cookies, but this one popped into my head the other day. I don’t know that Mom even remembers me making it, yes I made it on my own, but I remember! It was so much fun!

Playing With Edible Peanut Butter Playdough

Last week my little 4 year old had her friend over to play and they had a great time playing with this stuff. It only lasted about 15 minutes because I swear their attention span is nothing, but she still thought it was so much fun. I think every kid needs a chance to play with their food. You all need to surprise your little ones and whip up a batch of this stuff. It tastes pretty close to peanut butter cookie dough so it’s not like that awful “edible playdough” recipe that floats around out there and tastes like paste. It’s a little different than some recipes I’ve seen on blogs in that it uses honey instead of karo syrup and powdered sugar instead of powdered milk. I think this one tastes better. ?

How Long Will Homemade Playdough Keep?​

Homemade playdough should be stored in a zip lock storage bag.

Homemade playdough will keep for 6 months when stored properly.

Will Peanut Butter Hurt Babies?​

Peanut butter should not be introduced to young children until after other solid foods have been successfully introduced.

Peanut butter is ok for children over the age of 6-8 months if they show no signs of allergies.

Is Honey Safe While Pregnant?​

Yes, it’s safe to eat honey during pregnancy.

Honey may not be safe for babies because of the possibility of bacteria in honey.

But it is safe for pregnant women.

Edible Peanut Butter Playdough​

-butter-edible-playdough-ohsweetbasil.com_-150x150.jpg

Print

Edible Peanut Butter Playdough

Course Our Family
Keyword kids, peanut butter, playdough
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 1 batch
Calories 3107kcal
Author Sweet Basil
Ingredients

Recipe from some old cookbook ?

• 1 Cup Peanut Butter
  • 2 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
  • 1/2 Cup Honey
Instructions

• Mix until well combined and place in the fridge for 15-20 min.
  • Remove from fridge and let kids have at it!
  • *You should all take a little nibble too. It seriously isn't bad at all!
Nutrition

Serving: 1g | Calories: 3107kcal | Carbohydrates: 466.6g | Protein: 57.8g | Fiber: 13.2g | Sugar: 430.3g

Edible-Peanut-butter-Playdough-ohsweetbasil.com_.png

READ: Edible Peanut Butter Playdough [+ Video]

Continue reading...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back