Epsom Salts for plants

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

kinnika

I found last year a write up on using Epsom Salts and was wondering if anyone used them and what did you think? The write up I have says to use it on tomatoes and peppers as well as house plants.

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
i also use it on my plants...you want to work the soil around the plants and add a a Tabls. then water in...try not to get it on the stalk..

Maggie

I just thow the salts all over the gardens and then water to wash it off the leaves. I usually try to use when it is rainning.

netpeach2000

I used to add a tablespoon in my canister on my hose along with miracle grow when I would water my plants, the colors were vibrant and they grew really well. maybe it was in my head, but I saw a difference. That was several years ago though.

GardenBear1

I've been using it for years and my roses look great and bloom more, I use it in the veggie garden as well and just about every where,s I can, some cactus don't like it so they go with out

kinnika

Okay I am convinced. I am going to mix up some tonight with my regular fertilizer and give a few a drink. Thanks for all the info.

Dor

Is epsom salts good for EE's if so how much.

Yes it is Lisa. I just sprinkle it throughout my flower beds and gardens and then water. Just try to keep it off the leaves. I feed my container plants with it also.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Epsom Salt is the common name for Magnesium Sulfate. Both magnesium and sulfur are good things when used in moderation.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com