Fall and moving

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

GardenBear1

its that time of year, much too early yet but with the nights dipping down into 40s I need to bring all my epie back inside for the winter, it will take a good week or more to get every thing in place, Had to check all the light and replace the one that didn't work, replaces timers, need to replace the fan for air movement, set up rooting tables and racks, I think I'm ready or all most :D
still have more to move and hang some place,so far I have over half moved in the rest are under cover. Welcome to my pvt jungle, if you think this is bad wait until you see my office :eek:

Jungleroom001.jpg

Jungleroom003.jpg

Jungleroom004.jpg

Jungleroom007.jpg

Jungleroom008.jpg

oh i,m so glade to see someone elss loves Pooh too , he and the Snuggles bear are so cute . may i ask , in your second picture down , on the right side , what is the plant that looks like a bunch of strings hanging , its neet looking . Nancy B.

Ron, your so right I do or maybe buy a really big one and live into it.:D

Nancy, the plant your talking about is Rhipsalis micrantha, this thing goes crazy in the summer heat, it hit over 5ft long this summer, very small white/yellowish flowers

In the last 4 days I have potted up around 100 more epiphyllum and cactus for next year along with a few succulents and euphorbia, I should get about 95% of the to grow over the winter, I will be trying to start leaf cutting from my sunset Jade, so far I've had no luck with them growing from a leaf.

Bear,
I am glad to see I am not the only one that goes through great frustration in protecting the babies. I did decide this year that I am using a room in the house rather than spending the money to make the deck a greenhouse for the winter. Every year it's the samething. Buy lumber to frame in the deck , buy plastic, run the lights and the extra heaters. Nope not this year. My office will convert to an indoor green house of sorts and my office will move to the breakfast nook. I just have to buy grow bulbs for inside. ;)

Almost time to bring in my collection of tropicals!
I have a large sunroom that is wonderful greenhouse!
The sunroom is 32ft long and is all windows, facing south!

Crabbergirl, Then only place I use grow light are on my newly rooted plants and seedlings, the rest of the lights are old shop lights,for the spot lights I use the ones that look like pig tail, my orchids do well under the pig tail lights sitting in a north window.

Ron, I would love to have a sun room like yours, it would hold lots of my bigger plants.

Nancy Bragg, even at my age I still drag my every old Pooh bear from place to place, as of now he's put away in a safe place to keep him from falling apart and maybe some day pass him on to some one who will care for him

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back