Fast growing annual vine

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I am growing the Scarlet Runner Bean..its about 3 ft tall and I have flowers. Also started a Climbing Spinach (ornamental & edible) and a Hyacinth Bean Vine. Both have been slower to take off & climb. Still have hope =)

My favorite vine is Morning Glory!

I put some black eyed susan vine on my arbor and it is almost to the top. It is looking nice.

I ended up skipping planting anything this year, but I still like the idea. Maybe next year. Please post pictures of anything any of you love.

I think I enjoy MG because they bring back memories of my childhood. My Grandma grew them to climb her porch railing every year

Vines........

I put some black eyed susan vine on my arbor and it is almost to the top. It is looking nice.
I found Black-eye Susan vine this year, I only saw one cute little bloom and not growing much, how many hours of full sun is needed? I have just enough sun there for roses to bloom.
I do have a (now huge and healthy from my watering) tree further north of the north side of my open back yard.
Does it need lots of watering?

As far as Moonflower and Morning Glory... still pulling... was temped to let it grow being it is easily identified when pulling unwanted plants. Are they part of the wild bird feed that the bird simply do not digest? Oh I think it is Straight Neck that blooms white... I have it growing, will look for a bloom soon.
I did get it in late and doesn't get lots of sun.
Oh my Honeysuckle in 3 places didn't flower much or at all :( Growing but negative on the bloom part...
Does it skip a year if moved? Clematis (purple) no blooms:(
The white will bloom later into aug/sept. (maybe)

Kale:)

Kale my vine is in full hot sun. we have been setting new hot records off and on for 2 weeks now. I'll try to take a picture of it tomorrow if I remember.

Ok..Sure a Pic!!
And...that may tell the story*LOL ( not the pic the weather*lol)
We are 50s to upper 70s.And neighbors overgrown trees are shading:(
I can move it but do not want reseeding..

Waiting for veggies to go bonkers...*lol

Kale:)

yeah vines like to grow in the heat and boy have we had the heat. Here is a picture on it on the trellis. You can't see it but there is a clemetis on there too.

Attachments

• P7140017.JPG
    P7140017.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 340
  • P7140021.JPG
    P7140021.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 351

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back