Finally Spring at the Smelly household

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Melissa

I finally have some color to share!!
Allium and Azaleas. Can anybody find the bee? Hello Mr Bee, Happy Spring!!

Attachments

• tn_100_0524.jpg
    tn_100_0524.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 298
  • tn_Mandarin Azalea.jpg
    tn_Mandarin Azalea.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 281
  • tn_Pink Azalea with Bee.jpg
    tn_Pink Azalea with Bee.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 299
  • tn_Red Azalea.jpg
    tn_Red Azalea.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 289

Melissa

more

Bearded Tongue, Geranium, Jacob's Ladder, and Lunaria

Attachments

• tn_Bearded Tongue.jpg
    tn_Bearded Tongue.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 310
  • tn_Geranium.jpg
    tn_Geranium.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 290
  • tn_100_0466.jpg
    tn_100_0466.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 304
  • tn_Lunaria 3.jpg
    tn_Lunaria 3.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 308

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just beautiful Smelly!!! Thanks for sharing your pics. Ya know..I haven't seen the bees in my gardens as I did in past years. Last year I thought..there's no way, bees are too plentiful to be worried about them becoming scarce. Now... I'm worried!

Kya D

Super pics Mel, everything is beautiful
On the plant pic you wanted ID on if we could enlarge it it might be easier to ID.

Melissa

Columbine

Columbine, columbine, and more columbine

Attachments

• tn_Wild Columbine.jpg
    tn_Wild Columbine.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 317
  • tn_Columbine 3.jpg
    tn_Columbine 3.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 294
  • tn_Copy of Columbine4.jpg
    tn_Copy of Columbine4.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 300
  • tn_Columbine7.jpg
    tn_Columbine7.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 313

Melissa

Maybe all your bees relocated to Ohio...I have already been stung twice. We have a new bee this year...it burroughs underground and it can sting repeatedly...he sent me to the hospital. Its almost all dark...not a pretty like a bumblebee...and also not at all friendly...you can have all of those you want...they fly really fast also.

Kya, will go back and post from photobucket so it will be BIG...Thanks!!

Melissa

more columbine

Are you sick of Columbine yet...can you tell that next to roses...its my favorite!! Check out the pretty purple leaves on the second one.

Attachments

• tn_Columbine9.jpg
    tn_Columbine9.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 311
  • tn_Columbine 10.jpg
    tn_Columbine 10.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 305
  • tn_Columbine 11.jpg
    tn_Columbine 11.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 293
  • tn_Columbine 12.jpg
    tn_Columbine 12.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 298
  • tn_Columbine 13.jpg
    tn_Columbine 13.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 294

Melissa

Iris

Bearded and Dutch. See any you don't already have, Gloria? I also have a white bearded that hasn't yet bloomed.

Attachments

• tn_Iris.jpg
    tn_Iris.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 313
  • tn_Iris 2.jpg
    tn_Iris 2.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 308
  • tn_Iris 3.jpg
    tn_Iris 3.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 299
  • tn_Iris 4.jpg
    tn_Iris 4.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 310
  • tn_Iris 5.jpg
    tn_Iris 5.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 332

Melissa

A few more

So far only two Peonies have bloomed, but the others have lots of buds. And the pretty Painted Daisy...so cheery!!

Attachments

• tn_Peony.jpg
    tn_Peony.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 297
  • tn_Peony 2.jpg
    tn_Peony 2.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 300
  • tn_Painted Daisy 2.jpg
    tn_Painted Daisy 2.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 291

Melissa

Knowing your love for Iris...I am sure you do...I am sure I will have something you want for trade...other than bees lol!!

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
No, no, Mel..I want bees!!! LOL

Well, I don't have Columbine...hmmm, do I feel a trade coming on??

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Very nice flowers, thanks for sharing with us
My columbines are just starting to open, can't wait to see what colors i have.
I lost my blue, white and yellow ones. I ws'd some last winter so hoping they will bloom this yr so I can see what color they are. Are yours all from ws'ing too?

Melissa

Yes, Laurie...most of mine are from wsing last year. They don't bloom the first year or at least mine didn't. I experimented this year and planted the columbine seed in garden center containers in a big clear rubbermaid container...well...none of them germinated and so I wasted all that columbine seed. Boo hoo!! I did also plant some in water bottles and they have sprouted so I will have at least 6 new columbine to enjoy next year.

Melissa

Gloria, I have a couple columbine that is big enough to divide...or if you wait until this fall...I will just send you the seed...its a wonderful seed to wintersow. LMK

Bernie

Oh I love all your blossoms but I'm partial to columbines. I got some seed in a trade and winter sowed them. I can hadely wait for them to bloom.
Bernie

swindy

Smelly your blooms are beautiful. I to love columbine, you have so many. I only wish they would bloom longer.

Jules

Just beautiful Smelly!!! Thanks for sharing your pics. Ya know..I haven't seen the bees in my gardens as I did in past years. Last year I thought..there's no way, bees are too plentiful to be worried about them becoming scarce. Now... I'm worried!

There is cause to worry about the decline in bees Gloria. I had heard last year that they were at a premium and then I heard rumours as to why - one was b/c of all the cell phone signals shooting through the air from the towers, etc...and that was killing them. DOn't know if that is the real cause or if there is something else, but it is something to think about.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com