Fire Ant's

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Spider_Lily

When I got up this morning around 4 Am.I went to the kitchen to flip the coffee pot on.I turned on the light over the stove.I saw ANTS:eek:I had a towel laying on the counter by the sink.I had washed two plate's and the silverware and two glasses last night and left them to dry on the towel. The towel ,counter, and dishes were covered in fire ant's.I lifted the plate to place in the sink and there was a bed of the little joker's under the plate.Thousand's of them.Well I grabbed my ant spray and sprayed them.Sprayed around the window's didn't see any there but just incase.Don't know where they came in from but will keep an eye on it today.

Kya D

Dang Girl I sure hope you can get to the bottom of the ant problem. I sure don't mind ants outside but I really don't like em inside.

Spider_Lily

I called the exterminator he came out and sprayed my yard and around the base of the house.Maybe this will take care of those little critter's.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Look outside the house against that wall. You may find dirt in a mound against the house. They are bedding ants so either they are under the house or against it coming in. Oh how I hate the little red guys. Mint oil spray-orgainc and safe for use in the house;)

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nancie
Never tried mint oil!
Wonder if lavendar oil would work?
I like the earth since any ant travelling through it wont be able to return to the nest to spread the word that it found something!

Spider_Lily

Nancie
Never tried mint oil!
Wonder if lavendar oil would work?
I like the earth since any ant travelling through it wont be able to return to the nest to spread the word that it found something!
LOL they found something alright death...Haven't seen any sign today.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ron,
Not sure about the lavendar oil, I know peentroyal oil will work too , hard to find locally though.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com