First Blooms

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Maggie

These are some of my first blooms this year.
Camelias and Lenten Roses.

Attachments

• Camellia 1.jpg
    Camellia 1.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 294
  • Camellia 3.jpg
    Camellia 3.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 291
  • Lenten Rose 2.jpg
    Lenten Rose 2.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 295
  • Lenten Rose 4.jpg
    Lenten Rose 4.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 283
  • Lenten Rose 7.jpg
    Lenten Rose 7.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 270

mocropot

Gorgeous blooms Maggie! Thank you for sharing! I have not seen Lenten Roses before. Interesting if they will grow in FL?

Maggie

Thank you all.
Found this on-line for Lenten rose zones.
USDA Zones 4-9. Lenten rose is evergreen from about Zone 6 to 9.

Bluewolf

very pretty my lenton roses are still in their winter "fur"
they won't start doin new stuff and bloomin till around May (I think)

Maggie

These are what I call wild buttercups as I dug them out of the cow pasture and for the life of me I cannot remember the name of these cute little flowers and then there is my pansy that I planterd last fall.

Attachments

• Daffs 1.jpg
    Daffs 1.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 289
  • Flower 2.jpg
    Flower 2.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 280
  • Flower 4.jpg
    Flower 4.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 294
  • Pansy 1.jpg
    Pansy 1.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 295

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Very nice Maggie. They say we may not even get Azalea blooms this year and I believe it. Usually they have already bloomed, we just had tha Azalea festival 3 weeks ago and not a bloom in site. Due to the extreme cold we had this winter , mine have not even budded out. :(

Maggie

I had tulips in bloom this time last year but I haven't even got any buds in mine yet. Some of my crocuses didn't come up this year and my hycinths are so straggly.
The flowering trees (Bradford Pear and Redbud) we usually have in bloom this time of year haven't bloom either.

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have some mountain laurel in bloom and some yellow iris, pansy and the tulips are starting to bloom. I will try to get some pictures later to post. Spring is starting to pop out here. My climbing rose is beginning to bud.

Melissa

Lovely blooms. I have been intrigued by that lenten rose but have never planted it. Is it a shade lover? Hope your spring finally arrived.
Lyn...I would love to see the mountain laurel...saw some at a local auction but got outbidded...I think I have to have some now :)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com