Flutterby

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Melissa

I believe this is the prettiest flutterby I have ever seen!! At least in my yard.
SAM_0969.jpg

SAM_0967.jpg

SAM_0965.jpg

SAM_0961.jpg

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just love them. I always plant untreated ( even though I only use organic) plants just for them.

Spider_Lily

It's beautiful I can't never catch them still enough to get a picture.I have to run them around the yard and then they never sit still.LOL:)

Melissa

I would love to see that, Kay!! Anybody have a camcorder...I think America's Funniest Videos is calling you. I know I could win if any taped me trying to get pictures...lol!! :D

Maggie

That is a gorgeous picture Melissa. I love butterflies and plant butterfly plants just for them.

Melissa

I saw a butterfly chasing a hummer today...lol...they were way too fast to get a picture...wonder what was going on

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sounds like a rather lopsided encounter to me with the butterfly being on the short end of the stick.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Top photo is more then likely an Admiral. Been seing a lot of them this year.
The second one is a Black Swallowtail! They love laying eggs on dillweed, but will lay on parsley if dill is scarce.

Spider_Lily

Sharing a few flutterbys:)

Attachments

• Flowers -10 001.JPG
    Flowers -10 001.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 341
  • Flowers -10 003.jpg
    Flowers -10 003.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 341
  • Flowers -10 006.JPG
    Flowers -10 006.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 332
  • Flowers -10 007.JPG
    Flowers -10 007.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 311

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com