Flutterby

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Melissa

I believe this is the prettiest flutterby I have ever seen!! At least in my yard.
SAM_0969.jpg

SAM_0967.jpg

SAM_0965.jpg

SAM_0961.jpg

I just love them. I always plant untreated ( even though I only use organic) plants just for them.

It's beautiful I can't never catch them still enough to get a picture.I have to run them around the yard and then they never sit still.LOL:)

I would love to see that, Kay!! Anybody have a camcorder...I think America's Funniest Videos is calling you. I know I could win if any taped me trying to get pictures...lol!! :D

That is a gorgeous picture Melissa. I love butterflies and plant butterfly plants just for them.

I saw a butterfly chasing a hummer today...lol...they were way too fast to get a picture...wonder what was going on

Sounds like a rather lopsided encounter to me with the butterfly being on the short end of the stick.

Top photo is more then likely an Admiral. Been seing a lot of them this year.
The second one is a Black Swallowtail! They love laying eggs on dillweed, but will lay on parsley if dill is scarce.

Sharing a few flutterbys:)

Attachments

• Flowers -10 001.JPG
    Flowers -10 001.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 344
  • Flowers -10 003.jpg
    Flowers -10 003.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 344
  • Flowers -10 006.JPG
    Flowers -10 006.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 334
  • Flowers -10 007.JPG
    Flowers -10 007.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 315

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back