fly trap

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

dragunzgirl

Not sure where to put this post but it can be moved if this is not right place.

I bought a cute little small fly trap plant. I would like to know more about the care on it. It came in a little box type thing that i sat by my window. I make sure it stay's moist also. Should i need it by the window? and should i take it out of its little box or keep it in there? How often will it need to be fed?

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hmmmm , most fly catchers I have seen in the wild are in filtered light. Wish my son was on here as he is raising several types of trap plants. He has told me that you should not water inside the trap as it washes away the nectur that the plant uses to attract insects. He also feeds his only once a week if they have not eaten. Do not touch inside the trap because you can break the tiny trigger hairs and then the plant will die. If no one answeres you I will post some care instructions from my son on Monday ;)
Oh he also plants his in the ground or in pots I'll ask him about the type of soil too.

latebloomer

Only water it with distilled water. You can take it out of the box. Watch the moisture level. They are bog plants so filtered light and moisture will keep them happiest.

dragunzgirl

Only water it with distilled water. You can take it out of the box. Watch the moisture level. They are bog plants so filtered light and moisture will keep them happiest.

kk, right now its still in its little box it came in, its doing really good. I caught this tiny moth in my room and put it in there. I think it was happy with it cause it got it LOL

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com