Foxgloves

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was wondering if anyone has ever transplanted foxgloves before. I dug some volunteers a few weeks ago and potted them up and they are still wilted. Do they not like to be transplanted? I have never dug any up before. I have a mess of volunteers that I wanted to sell but it they don't like to be transplanted then I won't dig anymore up. It's been rainy and cool here so it's not from the heat. I try to dig plants up when it's cool out. Thanks

Hi! Laurie, I transplanted a few of mine and they were wilted for a long time, I just left them alone and now I see they are small but have flowers. When you dig them get as much root as you can and dig down about 3-4 inches, also try to leave as much dirt as you can on them, so maybe wet the soil before you dig them, that way it will stick to the roots I do this with all my plants.I'm hoping to get some babies next year to sell too. but will have to wait and see what the flowers do. Not sure if this helps you or not??

Thanks Karen, I will give them some more time to see if they recover. Guess I should dig up the rest and get them potted so I can try to put them out for sale later on.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back