Fried Chicken

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Spider_Lily

Does anyone know how to fry chicken and season it like Kentucky Fried.I love the taste of it and can't figure out what seasoning they add.Our local supermarket makes great fried chicken to it's not quiet the same .But very close.What seasoning do you use?

Kya D

Oh Spider it's a secret :)
I don't have that recipe but my Hubby loves KFC

Last edited:

Jade

Hey Spider...check out recipezaar.com and see if they have a copycat recipe, they have a lot of them. I may have even come upon the KFC recipe for their chicken. I know that I have used the copycat recipe for the coleslaw from there.

Bluewolf

I used to work at KFC back when the chicken was good
Sorry but here in Indiana It sucks

as far as I know the recipe is a secret it is mixed in with the flour and comes in plain brown bags with no label on them

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I bet Miss Dorothy would have a killer recipe for fried chicken. My Mom did, but I can only guess at how she did it now.

netpeach2000

I found this recipe in a copykat cookbook someone sent me.

KFC Original Fried Chicken
2−3 pounds cut−up chicken pieces
1 Quart Water
3 tablespoons Salt (for soaking)
1 cup milk
1 egg, beaten
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon Accent (MSG)
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
Soybean Oil (no substitutions) for frying
Allow chicken to soak in salted water for a half hour.
Mix egg and milk in a bowl. Mix flour, Accent, salt, and pepper
in another bowl. Preheat deep fryer to 350F, or place 3/4 inch
oil in a skillet set on medium.
Dry chicken with paper towels. Dredge in flour mixture, place in
milk/eggs, and then back to flour mixture. Do this one piece at
a time making sure that there is total coverage over entire
surface of chicken in each step.
KFC uses pressure cookers to fry chicken, which is risky to do
at home. If you are using a deep fryer, fry a few pieces at a
time for about 20 minutes, covered, turning occasionally.
Likewise, if pan frying, cook, covered, turning occasionally
for about 30 minutes. As always with chicken, check the middle
of a large piece to check for doneness.
Allow to drain on paper towels when cooking is completed.
KFC

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sounds like good fried chicken to me..although... it seems to use a lot of salt and accent has a lot of sodium too.

Last edited:

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Last night whuile I was looking for Curbies Kraut and Beer cake , I ran across almost the same recipe and had intended to bring it to post but forgot it. I will compare them and if there is a difference I'll post it.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com