Recipe Frosted Lemon Jello Cake

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

S

Sweet Basil

Frosted Lemon Jello Cake

This Jello Cake Recipe is adapted from the original Lemon Jello Cake we have on our site. The fluffy lemon frosting on top takes the cake to a whole new level.

lemon-frosting-lemon-jello-cake-recipe-4.jpg

Jello Cake

Here’s why I still love a good jello cake recipe.

• Quick
  • Easy
  • Kid-Friendly
  • Kids can make it
  • You can change the flavors to anything you want.
  • No frosting needed, but if you do it’s awesome too.

lemon-frosting-lemon-jello-cake-recipe-2.jpg

How to Make Jello Cake

1. Add the cake mix and dry jello powder together then add remaining cake ingredients.
  2. Grease and flour a 9×13″ pan and add the batter.
  3. Bake.
  4. While baking, whisk together the glaze.
  5. Remove cake from oven and prick all over then pour the glaze all over the top and set aside to cool completely.
  6. Once cool, fold together the frosting and frost the cake.

lemon-frosting-lemon-jello-cake-recipe-6.jpg

Why Is My Cake Dry?

Many cakes do not have a good fat to flour ratio or were over baked.

How to fix a dry cake?

If you’re looking for a quick and easy fix try a jello cake which has a glaze that seeps in and keeps the cake moist.

Why Does Cake Fall In The Middle?​

I cannot roll my eyes any bigger when a cake falls in the middle. UGH.

• Cake usually sink when the cake has been undercooked.
  • Over beating the batter and incorporating too much air can cause a collapse.
  • Temperature of the oven is too high for proper baking causing the cake to rise too rapidly.
How Long Will Cake Keep?

Cake will last about a week before starting to go stale on you.

Oil-based cakes tend to keep a day or two longer than butter-based ones.

If you place a cake in the refrigerator you’ll get an additional 2-3 days.

How to Store Cake

This is how to store an unfrosted cake which is different than a frosted cake.

Wrap the cake pan tightly in plastic wrap. Store the wrapped cake on the counter at room temperature.

lemon-frosting-lemon-jello-cake-recipe-10.jpg

Does Jello Cake Need to be Refrigerated?

Because jello cake is usually unfrosted it doesn’t need to be placed in the refrigerator.

However, because this lemon jello cake has a whipped cream frosting you’ll want to store it in the fridge so the frosting doesn’t weep.

Can Cake Be Frozen?

Cake responds so well to being frozen. Just make sure that you wrap it really well first.

You can freeze cake for 4-5 months but it tastes best if you take it out by 3 months.

A jello cake has so much moisture you can only freeze it for a week or so and then it needs to be eaten so that it doesn’t fill with ice crystals.

How Do You Zest A Lemon?

To zest a lemon you’ll want to invest in a cheap but crazy effective Microplane.

In one hand hold the lemon and in the other the microplane. A microplane makes shallow cuts that takes only the zest and not the pith off of the lemon. You merely work the lemon over the tool, turning it as you go.

What Is The Easiest Way To Juice a Lemon?

To easily juice a lemon, roll it back and forth on the counter with the palm of your hand pressing down hard so it’s easier to squeeze the juice out.

Then, cut the lemon in half lengthwise with a knife. To prevent the seeds from falling into your lemon juice, place a small mesh strainer over the bowl or glass you’re going to use. I pretty much never juice without mine. It’s just way better than chasing seeds.

lemon-frosting-lemon-jello-cake-recipe-8.jpg

Can You Use Bottled Lemon Juice Instead Of Fresh Squeezed?

I don’t really like to use bottled lemon juice ever, but if I’m in a pinch I’ll use just a little less than the recipe calls for as bottled juice can have a bit more power to it and even leave a small bitter aftertaste.

Jello Recipes

Are jello recipes still a thing? I mean, when I was growing up it was all about the J-E-L-L-O, but times are different now.

I loved Jell-o as a kid. I can’t stand to write it that way though.

lemon-frosting-lemon-jello-cake-recipe-8-500x500.jpg

Print

Lemon Cake

Course 500+ Best Dessert Recipes, Easy Cake Recipes For Beginners
Cuisine American
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Servings 18
Calories 251kcal
Ingredients

Cake

• 1 Lemon Cake Mix
  • Zest of 1 Lemon
  • 4 Eggs Large
  • 1 1/3 Cup Water
  • 2/3 Cup Oil
  • 1 3 oz. box Lemon Jello powder
Icing

• Juice of 2 Lemons
  • Zest of 1 Lemon
  • 1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
Frosting

• 1 Container Cool Whip 8 ounce
  • 1 Container Lemon Frosting
Instructions

For The Cake

• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a cake pan with nonstick spray and sprinkle with flour.Tip and tap the edges of the cake pan to coat it with flour.
  • In the bowl of a mixer, mix the cake mix, lemon zest, eggs, water, oil and jello powder together.
  • Pour into greased and floured 9x13 pan.
  • Bake for 27-30 minutes. While cake bakes, prepare icing, (See instructions below)
  • When cake is done and still warm, prick with 2 tined fork.
  • Immediately pour lemon glaze over the top.
  • Once completely cooled, top with frosting.
For The Icing

• In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice, zest and powdered sugar until smooth.
For The Frosting

• In a bowl, fold together the frosting and cool whip with a rubber spatula, set aside.
Nutrition

Serving: 1g | Calories: 251kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 233mg | Potassium: 41mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 75IU | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 1mg

Frosted-Lemon-Jello-Cake-ohsweetbasil.com2_.jpg

READ: Frosted Lemon Jello Cake

Continue reading...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back