Gee

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

bob

Administrator
Staff member
The feel is here is familiar. I look forward to participating here as I get the chance.

Wes

Yeah, kind of reminds me of GardenGuides back in the old days. :cool:

Maybe they used the same interior decorator?

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
Linda, you have any questons on trees, and other gardening things as well, Wes is your got o guy.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey Wes, glad you made it, hope to see you around, i know it's your busy time of yr with Christmas coming and all the wreaths, etc that you make
Yes Bob it does feel like the old GG, back when it was the good old days with good friends. I've kept in touch with alot of the older members from the former GG

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Wes, glad you made it, hope to see you around, i know it's your busy time of yr with Christmas coming and all the wreaths, etc that you make...

Speaking of wreaths, anyone know how I could buy or make a very heavy duty wreath frame? I'm looking for something really strong...

Yes Bob it does feel like the old GG, back when it was the good old days with good friends. I've kept in touch with alot of the older members from the former GG

Great, that's pretty much the intent. I enjoyed that forum, as did a lot of others. I worked hard to make that forum into something folks enjoyed using. In fact there are some features that VB added to the program at least in part because I requested them. (Other folks may have asked for them too, but I know of a couple features where I really pushed to have them included...) That's one thing I really like about VB, they listen to their users.

I'm hoping we can get something like that going again. From the looks of the response I've gotten already, it may just work... ;)

ladyhawthorne

you know this will work, I think we were all ready for the good stuff to come back around. I really missed the OLD GG and all my friends. I have 2 scrapbooks with pictures and postcards and Xmas cards from exhanges we did.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
I still have my cards and address lists of the old gang. Swindy and I were talking about it today, that we wished we had email addy's for most of them to invite them here. She is going to tell Spider-Lily about it as she has her email. Does anyone have Netpeach's email. Would love to hear from her. Lost contact with her. Hope she is all settled after the hurricane. Would love to see pics of her new house and yard
The following told me they were interested when I sent the email out to see if anyone wouild be interested"
Scarezmeof, Doug in Alaska, Red/White Pointsetta, Weedie, Kale, and some others so hoping they will be joining us soon

Last edited:

swindy

I was thinking of doing a post card mailing to some of the old "ggers" to let them know we are here. It would be great if folks who were in the Christmas card or post card exchange would get together and we can pick 4 or 5 names each and send out a post card. to share the expense. I would think only the people who were on the list get together on this project so the folks receiving the post cards don't feel like we are giving out their address to other folks---you know what I'm saying-- I mean I hope i came across clear ( as mud? lol) I have the address list for 3 years of Christmas card exchange and 1 year of the Spring post card exchange.
What do you think Bob, would this be ok to do ---it's your call. I don't want to get us in trouble the first week into our "soft opening".lol
after Bob's yeah or nae, anyone interested can touch base with me and we can split up the lists and send a post card invite.

Last edited:

swindy

What a jerk I am --- sorry treeman here I am blabbing on and on and never once said hi to you Wes, I am soooo sorry and so glad to see you here. I also hope you can find some time to stop in and share with us. Lov seeing you

bob

Administrator
Staff member
I was thinking of doing a post card mailing to some of the old "ggers" to let them know we are here. It would be great if folks who were in the Christmas card or post card exchange would get together and we can pick 4 or 5 names each and send out a post card...

I don't have a problem with that as long as all the participants can agree on the rules and the mechanics of how it works. I think you sould handle the details in e-mails, and do whatever you and the rest of the group can agree on.

swindy

great Bob thanks for the go ahead. I'll post a thread in over the garden fence and see if we can get this going.

Jules

Does anyone have Netpeach's email. Would love to hear from her. Lost contact with her. Hope she is all settled after the hurricane. Would love to see pics of her new house and yard
I think I can get in touch with Netpeach...leave it with me today and I'll see what I can "sleuth" up!

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
Swindy, I emailed Randy. He's quite busy with holiday things but said he'd give it some thought. He sent me some sour dough starter. He's tring to help me become a sour dough baker. I've tried before and failed but Randy hasn't given up on me! LOL

Jules

Swindy, I emailed Randy. He's quite busy with holiday things but said he'd give it some thought. He sent me some sour dough starter. He's tring to help me become a sour dough baker. I've tried before and failed but Randy hasn't given up on me! LOL
Hi Gloria...nice to see you here!
Randy is such a special person - a real Gem and I hope he decides to join us here.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com