Gnats on my Plants

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Jennah

I have a kalanchoe and a basil plant, when I first brought my kalachoe home I found out that it had some gnats around it (at least they seem like it). I thought I got rid of them a while back (I brought it home around April/May) but I’ve notice around a week ago that my basil leaves have been eaten out of a little. Yesterday I actually saw one and killed it. I’ve just started using warm water and dish soap in a spray bottle on the top part of their soil like I did to get rid of them the first time. Is this a good method to get rid of them? What’s a natural way to get rid of these pests? I don’t want to use a store bought pesticide, I want to keep it natural, I eat this basil.

Attachments

• A7FD494A-0916-4D36-BF0F-00C5ED22A2AC.jpeg
    A7FD494A-0916-4D36-BF0F-00C5ED22A2AC.jpeg
    389.3 KB · Views: 130

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back