gnats your suggestions

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

fishycomics

wonder if anyone has a real method:

Gnats. use palmolive, lemon scented dishwasher, and water, 1 Tsp. and 2 leters. spray, then water two hours later, epeat,
another said use palmolive and alcohol and water. some said to get all the potting mix off and rinse.

well wonder if the Gnats come directly from the manufacturer potting mix bagged, wonder where we can in the North East get Real potting mix, I remember it used to be really black with small beads of styrofoam type of white stuff, those days are gone. Miracle grow is not like it used to be

I may have to repot my Clclimen again and want these gnats gone. takes one to make a home any suggestions.

Emma Oliver

I have used Neem Oil to get rid of gnats and it is the perfect solution.

There are many other natural and chemical ways to treat gnats:
  • Using potato or yellow paper traps
  • introducing Nematodes
  • use of hydrogen peroxide etc

fishycomics

thanks just picked up Capt'n jacks Neem Oil Phew. and new Mericle grown. sterilized it all. will see them flying around each week it will get a spray. and within two months they be G O N E !

fishycomics

Update: a week later about, Cyclimen is strong holding its ground. rightnow nothing, time to give a spray of Capt'n jack in the Am of Sunday. again

fishycomics

give up, thesesuckers just out live capt'n jacks chemical.

I may just melt wax over the top ha ha ha of the potting mix and put a funnel hole with a plug to water now and then.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com