Grape vine seed have sprouted.

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Maggie

I was looking at Bufords grape vines about 2 weeks ago and noticed all these seed. So I took a few and this past thursday I planted some in my peat pots and by monday they were up. I have never been so surprise. Today they are around 6" tall. Has anyone ever started grape vines from seed, if so how much luck did you have with them? I planted some lupine and coneflower seed to. I have 2 lupine that have sprouted but none of the coneflowers have.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I haven't Maggie, but that's obviously how the wild ones grow. If you can keep them long enough to supply grapes and you like them, you can then propagate by cuttings.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
I love grapes and vines. I have one I need to get out of a bucket and in the ground. Imagine 2 carpenters and no arbor LOL!!!

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
MAggie, I have never grown from seeds either...please keep us posted as they grow...pictures too I love the pictures..

Maggie

Here are the grape seed that I have started, 2 are white and 2 are purple. I hope they live.

Attachments

• grape vine 1.jpg
    grape vine 1.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 347

Kya D

That is so cool I sure hope they "come true". I planted some peach pits one time and they were a really bad throw back no flavor at all.
Your seedlings are darling and really growing fast.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
awesome maggie
i usually buy seedless grapes, i looked at some grape vines at bj's on tues, i think there was a green and a purple vine in each box for $12 but it's too early to plant them here, still have snow on the ground

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com