Grape vine seed have sprouted.

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Maggie

I was looking at Bufords grape vines about 2 weeks ago and noticed all these seed. So I took a few and this past thursday I planted some in my peat pots and by monday they were up. I have never been so surprise. Today they are around 6" tall. Has anyone ever started grape vines from seed, if so how much luck did you have with them? I planted some lupine and coneflower seed to. I have 2 lupine that have sprouted but none of the coneflowers have.

I haven't Maggie, but that's obviously how the wild ones grow. If you can keep them long enough to supply grapes and you like them, you can then propagate by cuttings.

I love grapes and vines. I have one I need to get out of a bucket and in the ground. Imagine 2 carpenters and no arbor LOL!!!

MAggie, I have never grown from seeds either...please keep us posted as they grow...pictures too I love the pictures..

Here are the grape seed that I have started, 2 are white and 2 are purple. I hope they live.

Attachments

• grape vine 1.jpg
    grape vine 1.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 350
That is so cool I sure hope they "come true". I planted some peach pits one time and they were a really bad throw back no flavor at all.
Your seedlings are darling and really growing fast.

awesome maggie
i usually buy seedless grapes, i looked at some grape vines at bj's on tues, i think there was a green and a purple vine in each box for $12 but it's too early to plant them here, still have snow on the ground

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back