Recipe Greek Salad Dressing

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

A

Alyssa Rivers

greek_saladhowtodressing-333x500.jpg

This greek salad dressing is sweet and savory added it to any salad, sandwiches or use as a marinade for a flavorful topping. This dressing is so versatile you will be using it often!

Greek salads come in all sizes, varieties and flavors! This greek broccoli pasta salad, greek tzatziki pasta salad or greek spinach pasta salad are perfect ways to enjoy more ways to enjoy greek salads.

Greek Salad Dressing in a jar with a spoon in it.

Greek Salad Dressing

Light and creamy dressing falls smoothly overtop salads, marinades chicken and pork plus add to each sandwich like a spread and enjoy so many flavorful recipes using one dressing! Greek Salad Dressing is one of my favorites and comes together easily. Most the ingredients are pantry staples and easy to store. Make this dressing over and over again!

Finding the perfect salad to use with this was a MUST! Most salads with romaine, olives, tomatoes and feta cheese blend well with this greek dressing. It is irresistible and one of the best. The flavors are so powerful yet smooth and creamy. It is a light dressing that is full of flavor! My girls have been helping me in the kitchen lately and this dressing was one I needed to make. I couldn’t get them to stop taste testing the dressing, it is that good!

What is the difference between Greek and Italian dressing?

Greek and Italian dressings are actually similar in a few ways. They both use natural ingredients that store well, they even use the same olive oil and dried herbs too. Both naturally go on salads, sandwiches and can be used as a marinade.

Italian dressings are mixed with bell peppers, herbs and some added sugar whereas greek dressings are more basic ingredients like olives, tomatoes, cucumbers sprinkled with feta cheese.

Homemade Dressing Ingredients:

Most of these ingredients are ones that you already have on hand. They are easy to store and simple to mix together. This dressing comes together quickly and easily!

• Olive Oil: This is the concentrate that helps blend all the flavors together.
  • Red Wine Vinegar: Greek Salad Dressing is known to have this red wine vinegar. It is a MUST!
  • Garlic Powder:
  • Oregano and Basil: I normally say to use fresh herbs but with dressings it is best to use dried. The fresh herbs can become discolored and alter the flavoring of when mixed together and stored.
  • Onion Powder: No onion flavoring just blends well and add the perfect amount of flavoring to the dressing.
  • Salt and Pepper: Just a pinch.
  • Dijon Mustard: Sounds crazy, but this mustard will take everything up a notch adding so much flavor and goodness to this dressing. You will be impressed!
Shake it Up!

Traditional Greek Salad Dressing usually appears to be a vinaigrette because of its consistency when mixed together. It is light and creamy with a sweet and beautiful taste. This is a tried and true favorite that you will want to make all year long!

1. Mix Together: Place ingredients into a jar and seal tightly with a lid. Shake until you have a good emulsion. Pour desired amount over salad.

Greek Salad with olives, feta cheese, tomatoes and cucumbers with Greek Salad Dressing being poured over top.

What to Use Greek Dressing On:

This dressing is so good and so versatile. There are so many fun and delicious recipes that go well with it.

• Pasta: Mix together with a cold pasta for a great potluck dish or side to your next barbecue.
  • Marinade: Beef, pork chicken and even seafood can be marinaded for 2 to 24 hours long storing in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
  • Vegetables: Perfect for dipping your favorite vegetables like celery, cucumbers or carrots in.
  • Sandwich/Burgers: Great for spreading on bread or buns to add more flavoring.
How long does Homemade Greek Dressing Last?

This dressing is quick and easy to make. Store in an airtight bottle or a jar with a lid in the refrigerator for 5 to 7 days long.

Greek Salad Dressing poured over a Greek Salad in a white bowl.

Delicious Salad Recipes with Dressing:

greek_saladhowtodressing-250x250.jpg

Print

Greek Salad Dressing

This greek salad dressing is sweet and savory added to any salads, sandwiches or use as a marinade. This dressing is so versatile you will be using it often!
Course Dinner, Dressing, Salad, Side Dish
Cuisine Greek
Keyword dressing, greek salad dressing
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
Servings 24 Tablespoons
Calories 56kcal
Author Alyssa Rivers
Ingredients

• 2/3 cup olive oil
  • 2/3 cup red wine vinegar
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons dried basil
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
Instructions

• Place ingredients into a dressing container or jar and seal tightly with a lid. Shake until you have a good emulsion. Pour desired amount over salad.
Nutrition

Calories: 56kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 100mg | Potassium: 4mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 1mg

Continue reading...

AlexBur92

When I first heard about the fact that gas stations can be harmful to health, I was surprised. And then I realized that ketchup has a lot of sugar, so I started looking for alternatives. Thanks so much for this post!

annstark91

I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't know that you need a special dressing for Greek salad. I always love to eat it in restaurants, but when I cooked it at home, it never tasted so good and now I understand the reason

luis_pr

Any idea what is the so-called "serving size" that was used to determine those Nutrition Info statistics???

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com