Greenhouse helps... Please anyone..

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Shoot I never thought of putting the peanuts in a bag. Great idea.
BTW before you use peanuts make sure they aren't the ones made of corn starch or you'll have a gooey mess on you hands.

Sunflower I have my greenhouse lined with two layers of a heavy bubble wrap I got in the trash at a furniture store. It doesn't lower the light level and insulates the walls well. My greenhouse is only 4' X 6' so I can't afford not to put things close to the walls.

Last edited:
Hey everyone, Those little make-shift greenhouses work! My beans are coming up, my peppers finally,and those Portulaca's are really growing already! Yay!!!

hubby got a thermostat wired and hooked up last night for me, now the green house is 70 all the time, and just in time it snowed last night here, my plants hopefully will take off and grow better now..

70 is pretty good and they should do well. I have mine set for 55 and that is as low as it will go. But during the day if the sun comes out at all, it will get up to 85. At that point, I have a second thermostat that actuates an exhaust fan and damper to vent the greenhouse.

My little green make shift greenhouses are doing so good, (our weather is warm), everything is sprouting! I have my jusband saving the baskets for me.

My first effort along this line was a coldframe that I had at the back of my house. It was amazing how many plants I could start in that little 3 foot by 4 foot coldframe.

I guess this would be the right place to post this.

I know that this is going to sound funny,don't laugh to hard! I don't have a green house but I wanted to start some seeds. I bought some peat pellets,and soaked them. My little green houses are a plastic pie container, and two strawberry containers. They have lids and the strawberry containers have holes in them. We are getting very warm and sunny here, so I thought that it would work to hold them until they get going.

I am recycleing! :) :)

Kim no laughing here either...my firends think I am nuts...anytime one of them buys their greens in the plastic boxes I snagg them...also if I know they are going to McD's and getting one of their salads...I ask them to keep the boxes...I am always on the look out for things to start plants in...egg cartons work well also...just use a bit of plastic wrap over them...

Kim no laughing here either...my firends think I am nuts...anytime one of them buys their greens in the plastic boxes I snagg them...also if I know they are going to McD's and getting one of their salads...I ask them to keep the boxes...I am always on the look out for things to start plants in...egg cartons work well also...just use a bit of plastic wrap over them...

I even have my husband saving thing for me. He get little jello cups at the store and he saves those for me!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back