Greeting Cards you Can PlaNT

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Bluewolf

that is so kewl!!!

now I have a stupid question...

when the recipiant gets the card...
do they plant the whole card or cut out the part that has the seeds and then plant
or do they scrape it off?

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
you plant the paper that has the seeds...when I make mine I make a card of all the paper that has the seeds so you plant the whole card...on this link I would think you pull the paper flower off and plant that

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
thought i would show you what a lay my papter on whe I dry it...
I was using fine mesh screen...I had a roll of it for replacing window screens...but at a yard sale a few years back I found this...it is a cloth...I take wax paper and place a sheet down and then a pile of the wet paper mess...(that's what I call it) and then kinda puch it down ...like when you are going to roll pie crust...then I place another sheet of wax paper on top and roll it ...than I place it on the screen .....allowit to dry a bit and then flip it ...I flip mine several time while it is dring

Attachments

• 2010_0506craft0001.jpg
    2010_0506craft0001.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 357
  • 2010_0506craft0003.JPG
    2010_0506craft0003.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 397

Jade

I have a question...wouldn't the seeds start to germinate if they are put into wet paper? It just got me thinking.

RiverDog

I would think so too Jade....hmmmm. Maybe it would'nt if you quick dried though. I would be alittle worried to let them set overnight in the wet paper.

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
nope they do not ...you dry them very fast...with in a day they are almost dry...never once have I had them germinate

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com