Hanging garden

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

GardenBear1

with the lack of ground space, I went with a hanging veggie garden

# 1 pole beans got a late start

#2 Alaska mix Nasturtiums

#3 Pickling cucumbers

Chairs007.jpg

Chairs005.jpg

Chairs006.jpg

GardenBear1

I was going to put the pole bean box lower but then I would be feeding the family next door too, not that I don't mind sharing the beans but there not nice people :eek:

Kya D

I wonder if you could train the beans to run along the fence, sure would make harvesting easier

GardenBear1

Kya, I didn't think about that,why not they grow up so why not side ways, I can run wire along the fence and let them grow on it, gives me more room for growing space Thanks for the idea

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
awesome idea, keep us updated on their progress
planted 12 tomato and 6 pepper plants in the garden
got 2 hanging ones to plant maters in, got to get the container ready
for the string beans, going to plant some in the garden too, go to get the cukes and squash in, want to plant a bigger garden but need to get some more 8' fencing so I can expand what I have. The deer got into the containers last yr, first time in about 8 yrs that they have touched them. going to stake some chicken wire that i have around them to try to keep them safe this yr.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com