Have you ever done something really stupid?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

OMG CG that's not stupid or funny. I would have done the same with a bear on my tail. Glad you didn't end up with your jaw wired.

myfedora Been there done that. I moved the furniture once when I was a kid. I woke up in the middle of the night to hear my father saying 4 letter words I'd never heard him use before. Poor man walked into the funiture and dislocated his toe. Next day the funiture went back to the way it was and I think it stayed that way till they replaced the house. But I've done it to myself and ended up walking into walls too.

palmettogal OMG that was funny! Poor guy. ROTFLMBO

That too is a classic. My wife loves to tell a story on me although it wasn't really a stupid action. In our early years of marriage, I worked at Montgomery Wards in their tire shop in Sacramento. I drove a road service truck and would occasionally have to load up the truck with new tires and tubes to change all ten wheels on a dump truck. That was about a ten hour job and I would be swinging a hammer all day long getting the old tires dismounted and the new ones mounted. It was such a rough day physically that I could not get sufficiently rested with one night of rest. It was the morning after one of those jobs and I was sitting on the side of the bed in somewhat of a stupor. MF asked me if I was okay and I told her I was. Awhile later she asked me again as I hadn't moved any. I told her then that I couldn't find my other sock. Rottem Woman! She hesitated a little bit then asked me if it was the one in my hand or the one on my foot.

Randy LOL on both stories. When I worked at UPS I would wake up crying when it was time to go. I started out in unload , we had to be able to unload a 53' trailer in 1 hr 10 mins alone. Ugh!

Bernie,
Had I kept me head about me I would have choosen another path LOL!
Palmetto & myfedora,

Somewhere I have the pictures of my colored face. It looked like I had been in one heck of a bar fight!

Holy cow, Crabber, don't you ever accept a job that doesn't kill you? You amaze me.

I was very young when I was at UPS. You have followed me quite well over the years and I have to laugh because for the most part people just can not believe the things I have done. But those days are over as you know I have had to give up all that fun:(

Well, as I have said before, Miss Crabber, you would have made one heck of a pioneer woman.

my X who was in an executive posisition once went to work with a black tie dress shoe, and and brown slip on loafer didn't realize until a co-worker pointed out to him at lunch time he had 2 different shoes on. He got dressed in the dark that morning.

I was a surgical technician and was called in for emergencies all the time. Some times I would no sooner fall asleep and the phone would ring and I'd get up and dress in the dark so as not to wake my husband. I wouldn’t realized what I was wearing until I got into the glare of the hospital lights. I can't tell you how many times I found my clothes were on backwards or inside out.
Once I changed from one pair of PJs into another and showed up in my fuzzy blue house slippers. Can you imagine standing there in PJs and fuzzy blue house slippers at 3 AM asking a new security guard to please go hunt down my car because I had no idea where I’d left it. The man called me fuzzy shoes for the next three years.

I wore a pair of short inside out when working a fishing boat and no one said a word and I didn't notice untill I got off the boat and went to the bathroom in a minute market. I was working with all guys I told them I couldn't imagine they missed the chance to make fun of me. They said they didn't notice. Hmmm. Not good for the ego.

And you believed them? Now, Miss Nancie. I have to admit though that on a commercial fishing boat, it's not like you're sitting there waiting for a fish to bite. I don't think I could last ten minutes doing that.

LOL! you are right Randy too many things to be paying attention to. It sure wasn't a fashion show ! I really miss it. Even in this noreaster I think "wow I wish I was out there.

I did a really big no-no and thought I'd share my stupidity..
I'm so thrilled and tickled about this site that I went through all my email addy's and sent them invites to this site. There was one name I could not remember if I had traded plants or seeds with her or just met her on a site. I have joined bunches in the past...anyway..I sent her an invitation. I recieved an email reply today. It said...I was just curious, why would you send me this site when you know I am founder of garden_____ forums
I don't know if I can put the name of the site on here but geeks is a part of it. I really thought that site had vanished in the wind and I sure didn't connect with the name...I sent her a reply that I had just sent everyone on my addy list an invite and thought that site was forever gone! If she was offended in anyway, etc, etc.
How stupid of me not to clean out my email addy's now and then...I am totally embarrassed!!:eek:
Big Deal! You did no wrong just being friendly,just because she has a forum doesn't mean she can't surf a bit.
I have a forum..nobody even visits much *LOL I surf elsewhere too.. where my friends are..:D Got tired of talking to myself...*lol

She'll be fine *LOL

Kale:)

Something stupid yeah. In my early years of marriage (married in 1960) my mother-in-law gave me a lot of grapes off her vines and I wanted to make jelly. She gave me instructions on how to make it. She wanted me to write it down but I thought I could remember it so I didn't. Well of course I forgot. I thought I was suppose to peel them. Well anyway the next day I washed all my grapes and sat down and peeled every grape I had. Took me all day then I cooked them down to a juice, strained them and then had to put the peelings back in for color, cook some more and strain again. I was still making jelly at midnight. When I told my dear mother-in-law about how I did it she laughed until she cried then told me I could have cooked them altogether. I wasn't laughing tho. but later I did (a lot later). I don't remember how much I got out of all that work but I guess it was worth it. It was 20 years before I made any more grape jelly. I can't help but laugh now whenever I think about that experience. Oh and now I write down new recipes.

That is so funny, Maggie. I probably would have done the same thing if I hadn't seen my mother 'peeling' grapes. I haven't made grape jam though for a long time as the grandkids will ignore it on the shelf as long as there is Marionberry to use instead. Those kids are spoiled rotten, but I know it's my fault. Right now I have about 7 cases of Marionberry jam in there in the pantry. Six of those cases are pints and the rest of them are 12 ounce jars. The smaller jars are easier to ship without breakage.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back