Heart Healthy Recipes

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I probably would have made cookies even if the girls had not been home, but they were here, so I had to get my gift plates put together before too many of the cookies disappeared. But I would not have made as many cookies if the girls had not been home. When they are here though, they attract boys like a light does a moth. So they head for the cookie jar even more than they would otherwise.

"When they are here though, they attract boys like a light does a moth. "

Now, I must say, this is really funny! Bet you have a great cookie jar. ~ LOL Curbie

i'm beginning to see the boys around my daughters house when we go down there. Becca is 15 now can you believe that?

I can believe that. Arianna is 21 and Mya is 19. Neither of them have a boy friend, but there seems to be a multitude of applicants.

Curbie, we have two cookie jars and I often fill both of them. But the cookies still don't last long if the girls are home. The cookies I make are oatmeal/raisin cookies and sugar cookies. I will probably make more of those monster cookies though also as I still have plenty of M & M's left and I don't eat the candies that much. If I put them out though, they sprout wings.

Nothing can be wrong in a 2 cookie jar home! You know my favorite cookie is still snickerdoodles. Hubby loves oatmeal raisin. M&M's are mt favorite candy. My Mom always had a candy dish so >> I << have a candy dish. It either has Hershey kisses or M&M's or both. When the kids come in after school, there was a new boy and Chris said,"NOW LOOK, you're only allowed to take one." This guy looked at me and asked,"One of each or just one?" Chris said,"ONE M&M or ONE kiss". I didn't have to say anything. This poor boy may never come back. I offered him a clementine and Chris said,"YOU can ONLY have ONE!" These teenage boys could eat me out of house and home so 'one' works for me ! :) Curbie

Curbie, when the kids are here, they will go through a double batch of cookies in a day. It's too late to impose a one-cookie rule at this point. I haven't made a single batch of cookies in years, but that Paula Dien recipe for "monster cookies" is already large enough that I will do a single batch next time. They still won't last though. The only way I can moderate the cookie intake is to make them less often.

I forgot to mention that snickerdoodles are my favorite cookie too, but since I only eat one, I don't make them very often. They are not the favorite of the kids for some reason. No accounting for taste. LOL

I just realized I was in the heart-healthy thread. I am not sure I know of a heart-healthy cookie.

OH, I HAVE A GREAT IDEA! suppose you dipped snickerdoodles in grits with raisins. Man, I have MY bases covered. ~ :)

When I taught and there were real cooks in the kitchen, they would make snickerdoodles early in the morning and the school smelled like heaven. The PE teacher and I would be standing in the kitchen at 7 am, looking like the retards we are saying things like,"mom.....may we please have a cookie now?" "mom......do you know 'we'll be your best friends'?" "mom.....mom...." He and I would walk away and she would say,"I made a batch just for you" BUT I would take them ~ clever me. "Bill, you have to ask nicely b/c >> I << have the cookies. Now pay attention b/c PE teachers don't so.." I am still friends with this guy and we still adore each other. It is wonderful to have a lifelong friend, no matter what has brought you together. ~ Curbie :)

No there is no "room" for improving a snickerdoodle!!!

They is what they is!!! pure melted heaven in every bite!!!!:p
especially fresh out of the oven and "dunked" in milk!!!

My favorite cookies tho are Oatus meal Choco chip/M&M
I will use either...

Sometimes I even just make Oatus meal with a strong touch of cimminon

and they have to be kinda soft..don't like the hard ones

My first exposure to snickerdoodles was a wedding gift. When MF and I got mnarried in 1955, we received a cookie jar that was filled with home-baked cookies. There were three varieties including recipe cards for each. I am not much of a cookie eater and I don't even remember what the other two varieties were, but I remember those snickerdoodles. I think the card I have is the original recipe card that came in the cookie jar too. MF has picked up a few from the market through the years and they are better than not having any, but they cannot compare with the home-baked ones.

Ok, someone sell me on soy, since I will be husbandless most of this year I need some recipes that I can actually eat. I am on 3 times the normal dose of high blood pressure meds, and then they only have me in the normal range half of the time. The nurse at my last blood pressure check told me that normal is now considered 110/70, HOLY S___
smokes. Wow, it didn't make me feel good that mine was just a bit over 120/80. Maybe it is a conspiracy to get us to visit the doctor more.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back