Hello from another Canadian

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Barb, family events are to be told around the dinner table often enough so that even the little ones think they remember the events. That little girl will lift your spirits more than you can believe. Our youngest is 14 years old now, but they are still a delight to be around. Not only that, but MF and I have sort of been adopted by some of the friends of the grandkids. It's pretty neat.

Hi All it's me Barb AKA Weedie
Now I am Gama-Barb cause I am now a first time Grandmother:D to a Beautiful Granddaughter born in Sept of this year double:D
Thank you for inviting me to your wonderful new group everything looks so wonderful.
It's good seeing your friendly faces again
Barb

WEEDIE! Glad you are here! Long time no see.
Anyway you just thinkit's great now being a grandma. Just wait Jess just had her second and I can't stand it. Those babies are the best thing in the world. I use to think when other people bragged about their grand kids that they were over the top. :p Now I'm over the top. We need a grandbaby thread so we can post picture and chat babies without being in the way!:D

I doubt grandparenting or grandbabies will ever be in the way in a gardening forum. They just seem to go together. I have seen some grandparents though that don't seem to want to be bothered with their grandkids. I feel sorry for the kids under those circumstances.

Welcome my friend - glad you found your way in to join us! It is great seeing so many familiar names here ... and glad you can count yourself in as one! Congrats on the new grandma status -

Weedie!

I remember you :) And now you're a granny, how fun is that?? I have a grandson and he's two and a half. Smartest little guy in world doncha know :)

As for pics, if you click the "post reply" button you'll be able to attach a pic file. Just like at the old GG site.

Dora/Garden Goddess

Attachments

• Elizabeth and Espn 12 08.jpg
    Elizabeth and Espn 12 08.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 298
Hey Weedie,sorry I had to go back to my "Kale" Was a little "Sproutling" for a short time.
How are you doing !!!!!!!!!!
I sure missed your AKA but when Mari-jo stated it.... I sure smiled:D :D :D :D
Great to see You..:)

Hang in there... We love Weedie.....:)

Congrats Granny! Me, no, not yet....too young *LOL

Kale:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy 2009 One and All

Sorry I have not been back for a while

Nancy Nice seeing you again too been too long I know

Oh being a grandma is the best thing on earth,we never thought it would happen lol

I have a wallet full of photos of Morgan and she is just over 3 moths old lol

OMG we could fill a thread with grand baby photos I know I could come darn close lol

Randy I so agree Grand babies and Gardening just go together

nothing warms the heart as a little one planting her/his first vegetable or flower seed.

I aleady have a little place for her first garden out back

Jules Ah what a sweet thing to say..I too love seeing all my Ole buddies

Dora..I remember you too so good seeing you again

Guess with a name like Weedie it's hard to forget eh lol

Kale hey you, i tell ya i would not know half the people in here till i see the real name lol

I figured Gama-Barb just seemed to fit

Your Grandma Day will come lol

Swindy hey there I tell ya Morgan was the hit of this Christmas

she will be so spoiled but not by me lol

Laurie thank you good I posted the photos in the right place lol

Well Ill be dipped.....its our old pal Weedie..............so happy that you joined us.....and congrats on becoming a grandmother!!!!!......

It gets better, Barb. I'm sure I probably told you before, but my daughter Chrissie was abandoned by her husband right after Rachel was born. She moved back home after that and stayed with us for 6 years. I got to see Rachel grow in those years and she really became my buddy. We spent many hours in my garage building birdhouses and feeders. We would go out on weekends and put them up in parks, church yards, and a wild area around the local college. We asked and were given permisssion. I would sometime disappear into the garage just to see how long it would take Rachel to miss me. Normally it was just a few minutes and she would open the door into the garage and ask, "Papa, what are you doing?" My stock answer was, "Messin' around." And she would retort, "No you aren't, you're working." Then she would join me. She is 20 years old now and doesn't have much interest in birdhouses anymore. But she learned to use basic tools through those years.

Aw, Randy, you were like me and my grandpa. We lived next door and I was his shadow. That's where I learned about gardening and nurturing. :)

Gama Barb, Weedie, I'm so glad to see you here. I think you'll remember me as my name hasn't changed. :) Congrats on your new grand-daughter, Morgan.

It gets better, Barb. I'm sure I probably told you before, but my daughter Chrissie was abandoned by her husband right after Rachel was born. She moved back home after that and stayed with us for 6 years. I got to see Rachel grow in those years and she really became my buddy. We spent many hours in my garage building birdhouses and feeders. We would go out on weekends and put them up in parks, church yards, and a wild area around the local college. We asked and were given permisssion. I would sometime disappear into the garage just to see how long it would take Rachel to miss me. Normally it was just a few minutes and she would open the door into the garage and ask, "Papa, what are you doing?" My stock answer was, "Messin' around." And she would retort, "No you aren't, you're working." Then she would join me. She is 20 years old now and doesn't have much interest in birdhouses anymore. But she learned to use basic tools through those years.

Randy what a wonderful part of your life you have shared with us. Your granddaughter might not have any interest now in the birdhouses but she will come back to it in time.

I do miss those days though. But I also treasure those memories. The grandkids here are older, with the youngest (Alec) being 14 years old. He is really interested in fishing and his Dad is also. I have made fishing rods for both of the granddaughters and I need to make one for Alec also. I need to locate some of my rod-building tools but I think I know where they are. I did find my box of supplies which is the thread for wrapping the guides, the guides themselves, and some hardware for building the handles. I have a bag of cork rings somewhere too and I need them to make a good handle on the rod. I made a rod for David about 12 years ago. I made it out of a fairly expensive graphite blank. It cost me $100 just for the materials. I watched him jerking on it when he got snagged and it snapped.

How'd I miss this thread??? Hey Weedie:eek:) I'm so lucky to have a picture or two of that baby doll already:eek:) Thank ya mam. Better love that little darlin while she's still a baby. We're planning a wedding in May for my next oldest granddaughter. Now ya'll know I can't be that old!!! hahaahaha
Good to see you here Weedie. Hope the weather is holding steady for you.

I do miss those days though. But I also treasure those memories. The grandkids here are older, with the youngest (Alec) being 14 years old. He is really interested in fishing and his Dad is also. I have made fishing rods for both of the granddaughters and I need to make one for Alec also. I need to locate some of my rod-building tools but I think I know where they are. I did find my box of supplies which is the thread for wrapping the guides, the guides themselves, and some hardware for building the handles. I have a bag of cork rings somewhere too and I need them to make a good handle on the rod. I made a rod for David about 12 years ago. I made it out of a fairly expensive graphite blank. It cost me $100 just for the materials. I watched him jerking on it when he got snagged and it snapped.

Randy the first time I went fishing with my dad we used a piece of bamboo with a string, hook and bobber. And yes we caught about three fish :)

Dora/Garden Goddess

There are times, Dora, when I think that is the best way. My Dad didn't go fishing very much, but I can only remember one time that he didn't take me along. In turn, I took my own son fishing quite often. He lives down in Ft. Worth, TX now, so it's not likely we will get to fish together again. I took him with me a couple of times fishing for salmon off the Pacific coast. We caught some nice silver salmon (coho) that way.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back