Hello from Kentucky

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Greetings everyone. I found this forum because its been a snowy year and cold and I can't wait to get back into the garden. This is my medicine until then.

I've been gardening a long time. I've grown just about anything that will grow here in the great state of Kentucky. I'm working on a vacation property and trying to incorporate permaculture methods in the coming year as well.

I've got a blog at www.theselfsufficientway.com and I've been putting out a podcast called The Self-Sufficient Gardener on itunes. I'm really new to this type of format and my knowledge is limited but I'm trying to share what I have. I'd appreciate a listen and ideas on improvements.

Thanks!

Jason

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to our forum Jason!
We talk gardening year round so you should get your fill until the growing season starts again!
I doubt anyone here would be able to help you with your itunes!
But, then again, there maybe someone lurking around that might!
Interesting website!
So hop right in and get dirty with us!

K

Kale

Welcome Jason..
How much snow did you get!?
Michigan gets SNOW & thaw then SNOW and thaw again after you chop the ice for a few days.

Kale:)

Kya D

Hey Jason we are buried in snow too so this site is my fix also.
WELCOME we are glad to have you here.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome Jason
Glad you have joined us.
We're a friendly bunch of gardeners that
talk about all kinds of things and of course Gardening...
Hope to see you around.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Glad to find a place to talk gardening year round!

Allen, love my Glock!

I hate snow. This has been the worst year for it in KY for a very long time. We've been getting about 6 inches a week for the past 3-4 weeks it seems. It has just been drifting here and piling up. It feels like Michigan!

Thanks again.

Jason

GardenBear1

Welcome Jason, sorry your getting all the snow down your way, but as every one has told you we garden all year here and its a great place to plant a garden very thing grows and there are no weeds :D

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome Jason, I had 8+ inches of snow last week end for the first time since 89! It was awesome! Glad we don't have it in SC like Ron, Laurie and loads of others up north, I wouldn't have an inkling of how to deal with it. I had to drive 60 miles the morning after the snow, I'd never had to shovel and trudge to get to my truck before. It wasn't easy at all.
Glad you joined us and hope you enjoy the forums.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Jason,
You found the best all around site. While our main focus is on gardening, we do find ways to keep entertained during the off months. I am looking forward to the chance to view and listen to your formats. As an organic gardener, I find self sufficiency a very important part of the process. I would love to be totally self sufficient in my food production, but with the weather ever changing, that is a hard thing to accomplish.
Glad you found us and can't wait to hear your input on the many subjects we discuss.
Welcome to the forum!

KyGal

Greetings everyone. I found this forum because its been a snowy year and cold and I can't wait to get back into the garden. This is my medicine until then.

I've been gardening a long time. I've grown just about anything that will grow here in the great state of Kentucky. I'm working on a vacation property and trying to incorporate permaculture methods in the coming year as well.

I've got a blog at www.theselfsufficientway.com and I've been putting out a podcast called The Self-Sufficient Gardener on itunes. I'm really new to this type of format and my knowledge is limited but I'm trying to share what I have. I'd appreciate a listen and ideas on improvements.

Thanks!

Jason

Well Howdy Neighbor!

Welcome to the Forum!
Looking forward to hearing of some of you experience's and maybe learn something in the process....Stop by the Bluegrass thread sometime...alot of good family and friends in their.....

Rhonda

Dor

Hello and welcome Jason. It has been a cold winter here in Texas and looks like we might get some more snow tonight. That is so rare for us.

I am like you. I can't wait to dig in the dirt and start my garden.

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi from another one from Texas and we had snow already today. I am hoping it will be warmer tomorrow. I think Ron sent it to us and we want to send it back to him. Canada keep your snow.

Spider_Lily

Hi Jason welcome to GF glad your here jump in and look around.Alway's have something going on here with our GF family.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com