Hello From Sunny India

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Aloof??? Julie??? not in a million years!!! julies the warmest person I know....and Ive known her for 10 years!!!

Hi all ~ This is curbhopper from years ago. I am trying to learn this site. That comment about Julie cracks me up b/c after YEARS of simply emailing, I was fortunate enough to MEET Julie. My gosh, what a joy she is. Her profession was and still is-hospitality.

Welcome Curbhopper, nice to meet you. Looking forward to getting to know your garden secrets as well as getting to know you. Make yourself at home and enjoy!

Jules is the best of best people around...
curbie!!! Wonderful to see oyu here....It is so good to see more and more of the old gang..
Oh it's me vegemm from GG :D

And thank you Gloria. You just have to understand I will probably crash the whole site b/c I am computer-ly challenged.

Hey Curbie, my friend....nice to see you pop in!!! It is awesome having a gathering spot for all the old gardening folk we connected with...and yes, it is going on 10 years that our circle started!!! Curbie - this is a great spot for you to figure out how to manage your shade garden that is now a sun garden:eek:
And yes folks - Curbie and I were fortunate to meet last year and what an awesome time that was. When she arrived at our hotel, she had a bouquet of flowers in hand for me .... we toured around (our hubbies too) DC and then had dinner...can't remember what we ate as the converstion was flowing! And when we came home, I even managed to get the flowers across the border....had them tucked safely in the back seat and no Customs Officer was going to get those from me!!

Last edited:
But it was funny because MY husband asked,"HOW will you KNOW who she is since you've never met her?" oh please.....I know she wears HUGE shoes and is very tall and will be tan from Myrtle Beach. SHE knows I'm short. It was exhilerating. I almost learned how to speak Canadian-ese(?). I highly recommend Canadians. :)

Men don't understand that concept Curbie! And I knew I would know you....it was like we had ALWAYS known each other - nice comfort level my friend :)

I think that's funny. I'm easy to spot anywhere though. Look for the blue overalls.

Oh - and Gloria/Dale - I keep the weather eye plugged in to your area on my computer! Call me crazy, but I like to see what the weather is doing there every day!

:D I know exactly how you feel... I do the same thing with Orange county in California! We love Anaheim, but also Huntington Beach and just about anywhere along the coastal hwy! If it were not for having grandkids here now...I would try to convince hubby to move down that way! I'm just really grateful it's easy driving distance!

I know that area too Janet....been there with my sister, who lives in the area - she talks about it all the time.....beautiful beaches !!!

We have beautiful beaches here on the Oregon coast too, but you can't swim in the water without a wet suit. LOL

We have beautiful beaches here on the Oregon coast too, but you can't swim in the water without a wet suit. LOL
I spent my childhood Days, Randy, on the west coast....on the Sunshine coast outside of Vancouver, but we were able to swim from April to October! Here on the Atlantic coast -on a hot day in August the ocean will get to 68F and we think that is warm!!!! But then, warmer waters, bring critters that we wouldn't want to swim with:eek: My dream is to have a salt water pool...but that will never happen!

We have critters too that you don't want to swim with, but it doesn't keep people from venturing out. I don't know that we have shark attacks every year, but we have enough so that I would not care to play in the water. I did some scuba diving in my younger years and I went up to Puget Sound. It was great fun, but it took a tank of gas up there and another tank of gas to return.

This year Jules, I think this was the first weekend it was finally warm enough to swim! we had such a cold winter and spring.

Yes - the west coast certainly got hammered this year. Every time I heard from my stepmother and sister living out there, they were either sliding on ice or shoveling. My nephew loved it though!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back