Hello, I am in dire need of help!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Dee_ann

Hi all!

I just joined..

I have a problem.. I have always been a casual gardener, I just have had easy, no brainer things like roses and azaleas..

A few weeks ago my mom decided it was long overdue to get my patio area spruced up so she took me to Lowe's and bought me a carload of different things to plant. I have the little placards that came with those so I know what they are and I can care for them.

But just a few days after that, Mom had a massive heart attack and passed away. That was about two weeks ago.

Mom had LOTS of plants and flowers at her house. My dad, said they are all weeds and left to him, he would weedeater them all. Dad has an anti-green thumb. So I went into mother hen mode and began to transfer Mom's plants to my house. 99.999% of them are in pots so that made it easy. Well, not that easy.. It took me a week using a van to move them all. There's easily over 200 pots.

The problem is, almost none of them have the little placards in them to identify them. I didn't hang out at their house while mom did her gardening and we never really talked about what all she had going on with her stuff. We were just starting to do that though.. We just never got the chance for her to point out all her plants to me.. :(

So my panic is that I really, really need help identifying her plants so that I can care for them properly. This means everything to me because my mom loved her plants, she loved gardening and now that she is gone it is my duty to take care of her plants for her.

I've moved them to my backyard and my patio is overflowing with zillions of plants. I love how my patio looks now but I would rather my mom were still alive and my patio be barren like it was. :(

So I have a very expensive professional DSLR camera that takes insanely excellent photos. Is it possible that I might post photos of my mom's plants and someone can help tell me what they are? A lot of them are duplicates so that would narrow it down, once I identify one plant that might cover 20-30 other pots with the same thing.

Thanks! :)

don't panic, if you post pictures of the plant I'm sure we can help you identify them, there are really great people on this site and they are good at gardening, and they would love to help you so get some pictures and post them. OH! and welcome to the site. much love.

Welcome aboard Dee!
Posting photos to id is the best way to go!

You might consider planting the duplicate potted plants in the garden...if possible! Then you wont have as many to take care of in pots!
Looking forward to see your photos!

Dee Ann first may I pass on my condolences to you so sad but a pleasure for you now to have your Mums plants .

Welcome to I also am a newbie here but happy to help if I can .

Yes photos be great Dee Ann.

You can pm mail any time to .

Scotkat

Go for it Dee Ann, as Ron said posting a pic is a great way to id any plant. Oh and welcome to the forum....

I am so sorry to hear about your sweet Mom.

Welcome Dee Ann and go for posting as many as you want to.
We will do our best to ID them
You can only post 4 or 5 on each post.
Again Welcome.

Welcome to the place Dee Ann...Looking forward to see your Mom's plants ...We all would love to walk wit you and share in getting to know your Mom though her plants...Pictures as ron said would help greatly..

DeeAnn it is nice to see a new face here. Sorry about your Mom. We will all help if we can. One thought about posting pictures here. They may need to be resized. there is a pixel limit on pictures I resize mine in my camera since I have a mac and that works best for me. there are programs out there to do it.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back