Hello Y'all

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

A

allenc666

Hello peoples,

I've just recently registered like a few mins ago, Just wanted to say hello! My names Allen and I've been growing CPs for about 20 years now, most of you if any might recognize me from Flytrapcare.com. Just thought I would be apart of this forum and learn some stuff about regular gardening.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome aboard Allen!
Feel free to jump right in!
If you have any questions please ask, there is always one of us around to help you out!

Kya D

Allen WELCOME to our site.
We really are just one big family so jump right in, relax and most of all ENJOY

Spider_Lily

Welcome Allen alway's glad to meet a new friend.

Attachments

• WELCOME.gif
    WELCOME.gif
    19.3 KB · Views: 291

Jules

Welcome to the forum Allen.....this is a terrific site for getting information...and meeting new gardening friends! Hope you enjoy the forum!

Kya D

Allen are you in the deserts of NM? Do you have a large garden and if so what do you like to grow.
I'm so glad to have another one here from the west.

A

allenc666

Allen are you in the deserts of NM? Do you have a large garden and if so what do you like to grow.
I'm so glad to have another one here from the west.

Yes, on the Navajo Nation. I just grow some Corn, squash and watermelon mainly (native style lol) but I do got some Lilys and I'm planning on getting and making a bigger garden. Now I just mainly grow Carnivorous Plants.

Blueaussi

CP? As in Carnivorous Plants?

Way cool! I've just started dabbling in a carnivorous plant container garden this year, and I hope to eventually get a bog garden in the yard.

Gosh, I hope you weren't talking about Cherokee Purple tomatoes!

A

allenc666

Yes here is a picture of my Venus Flytrap before it went into dormancy

Attachments

• file.jpg
    file.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 260
A

allenc666

Very nice. So how are they doing? Make sure your using the right soil and water. Nutrient free soil (idealy peatmoss and perlite) and pure water (i.e Distilled water, Rain or R.O)

Blueaussi

Very nice. So how are they doing? Make sure your using the right soil and water. Nutrient free soil (idealy peatmoss and perlite) and pure water (i.e Distilled water, Rain or R.O)

So far so good. The fly traps and sun dew are completely dormant right now, but the pitcher plants look like they didn't go completely dormant. The only real care they needed this summer was weeding. The man I got my plants from told me not to worry about distilled or rain water, to water them straight out of the hose, so I did. And they thrived.

Jade

Hi Allen, it will be cool having a carnivorous plant person around to share experiences.
Welcome to the forum. Make yourself at home.

PRH

Welcome aboard and hope you enjoy your visits around here! ( feel free to pop in around where you feel comfortable ) :p

Bluewolf

Yeah yeah I know I'm late gettin here.....

got lost...*think I been hanging around Mz Curbiez to much*

Welcome to our happy "home" pull up a cushion and sit a spell

Carnivorous plants huh? got any "man eatin" plants?

Know of a couple you could have..MMMUUUAAAHHHAAA :D

Attachments

• AudreyII.jpg
    AudreyII.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 296

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com