Help me identify this baby perennial, Please!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Annette99

These babies were started about 3 or 4 months ago and I lost track of who they are. Any guesses of what kind of perennial this is? Thanks Annette

Attachments

• Mystery plant.jpg
    Mystery plant.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 338

Annette99

None of the above, I have a list of all the seeds I started, however last year I started a package of mixed heuchera seeds from Pine Tree I think, could have been someone else and I ended up with all tiarella plants, not complaining they are blooming beautiful now.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
These babies were started about 3 or 4 months ago and I lost track of who they are. Any guesses of what kind of perennial this is? Thanks Annette

Looks like violets!
My next guess would be a type of campanula!
Did you get the seeds from Garden North?

Annette99

I googled image perennial seedlings and got the seedsite.co.uk and from the time I started seeds for the size the plants are now I am pretty sure it is leopards-bane. I got the seeds from T's flowers and things.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree with Ron. They look just like the wild violets I have which by the way if anyone would like to trade for some I have a bunch;)

Annette99

Thanks Ron, I'll keep trying, they also look like a campanula, but the ones I did are accounted for. I started 110 different kinds of perennials, and have been eliminating them one by one, had a bit of damping off of some of the varieties, and the mice got into some of my starting pots so things got mixed up. I also have the wild violets and they are not it. I didn't start any violets or panseys.

DizzyDaff

I'm thinking lunaria, (some type of ) campanula or heuchera

Attachments

• ebay Aprl094 015.jpg
    ebay Aprl094 015.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 300
  • 2tn_8-13-08 055.jpg
    2tn_8-13-08 055.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 315
  • 2tn_8-13-08 054.jpg
    2tn_8-13-08 054.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 315

Annette99

Ok I figured it out it is campanula Americana, seeds from Prarie Moon. Its the tall Bell flower, a biennial, Gets 5 feet, wants shade, blue flowers.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com