Help needed with my rose of sharon tree

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
The wet snow last sunday weighed down the branches of my tree,. Once the snow melted off I noticed that the trunk is split. Is there anything I can do for my poor tree or is it a goner?

I'm not sure on this one but if you need seeds or a new start..let me know. I have several colors. Also have some small starts I grew from seeds growing inside now that will bloom with a white flower and red eye. I have seeds for solid white, and lavender. They grow fast and in the spring, I'll have lots of new plants to share.

I am no expert...but had this happen to me and I used tape to hold it back together ...it healed and kept growing...

Laurie, if the wood is too thick for tape to hold it, you can actually drill a hole through both sides of the split and pull it together with a bolt.

Thank everyone
Will have to wait for the snow to melt before I can do anything now. I could see the truck before we got all this snow today. Hoepfully will be able to see it soon again

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back