Help! Question on garden hoses

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Todd_B

So, I've had a hose for years, untill I forgot to dehydrate before winter. Of course it was frozen ==> meaning broken.
Currently I can water my garden without a hose, but it's not that convenient as before.
When I came to a local gardening shop I realised, that the choice is big and I don't know ANYTHIN about hoses
Is there something I should pay attention to?
Cause I've been reeding articles about garden hoses (like this) and they say plenty of information and Im getting frustrated
any real user experience? Or should I just buy the cheapest one?

thanks in advance
cheers

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Todd,
Well, the rule is that the higher the price the better the quality of the hose construction! And, yes, you do need to drain it in the Fall so you can store it away dry!! ;)
I always zero in on the mid priced ones ....make sure they have brass fittings and are kink free. They will last a long time with proper care.

I'd stay away from those expandable hoses!

jeff7wb

RonsGarden, how do you think, if the hose damaged during usage of Shark SGP-353037 hot water pressure washer ( found here: https://mygardenzone.com/best-hot-water-pressure-washer/ ), should I find the specific hose for this exact model of pressure washer, or any would be ok? By the way, do you use hot water pressure washer for cleaning your pavers and concrete around the house?

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com