Help with my Lime tree

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Manuel213

I had a lime tree that was in a container and not getting any attention or growing(don't remember how long it was like that). I finally put it in ground in front of my home. It took a while to start growing. The first year it was pretty sad (first picture), but with watering and some plant food it got better and better. The next year it grew and gave fruit. The tree and fruit looked good with no obvious problems. Then when it came to harvesting the fruit we noticed that they had a bad odor and that the fruit on the inside was like a yellowish and brown color and not usable. The next blooming, tree and fruit looked great again but again same problem with inside of fruit. I asked around and was sold some fertilizer and even was told that I should bath the tree in a soap and dry chili solutions but that didn't completely work either(looks like it helped). Now the tree is blooming again and don't know what to try? or where to get help.
2018.jpeg
2019.jpeg
2020.jpeg
Aug2020.jpeg

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hello Manual.
Very nice healthy tree!
I'm not an expert on citrus but your last photo doesn't look like a lime, it is more like a lemon.
The limes I buy are green inside.
It maybe over-ripe, but have a suspicion that this tree is for ornamental purposes.
Someone may come online who might know!

Manuel213

Hello Manual.
Very nice healthy tree!
I'm not an expert on citrus but your last photo doesn't look like a lime, it is more like a lemon.
The limes I buy are green inside.
It maybe over-ripe, but have a suspicion that this tree is for ornamental purposes.
Someone may come online who might know!
It is a Lime....Exactly they should be green inside, that’s the problem I’m having. Tree and fruit look good until I cut it open, bad odor and yellowish.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Manual,
What you could do is take a cutting, with the fruit attached to a garden center, and ask them to identify the variety of your lime tree!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com