Help with woodchuck

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
They are destroying my yard. Came home today and my peas are all eaten.
CG said to put crackers and peanut butter in the trap
Any other suggestions so I can catch them. Would shoot them but I have not seen them since I got a gun...
HELP!!!!
Thanks

You know, we don't really have wood chucks or chipmunks down here, and after listening to the stories and a fair amount of cussing from northern gardeners, I'm delighted we don't. I mean, sub-zero winters *and* large garden devouring rodents? *shudder* No thank yew! I'll take blistering Augusts and Palmetto bugs any day.

Laurie I have read that you should find their den and then lay your trap about 5 or 6 feet away from the opening and make line of veggies from the hole to the trap and into the trap. They have their babies in May so it is very important to get the Mama and babies at the same time.

they are under my shed and the trap is about 5 feet away, i set the trap off before i left for the fireworks as i didn't want a skunk in the trap when iget up in the am

I don't think they are the same cuz gophers take everything from the roots and the plant is dead before you know the root is gone.
Hate em all

some call them gophers around here so was wondering if that is what you called them too
thanks for the link
don't think we have them here but have seen some holes like in the pic in my yard

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back